Getting Rid of Contact Info bar and mobile adaptability in Drag and Drop Editor

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Hi there! My company recently decided to reformat our newsletter (thinking that this might be easier to do in the new editor) and we've hit a couple of snags. 

First, I've been trying to build this out of the blank template. The mockup my design team made is a PDF, so I can't transfer any code and upload my own html. In the "Blank with Editable Header" Template I have built out most of the newsletter under the mailing name "New BrieflyTest". Below I've compiled a list of issues/questions that need to be addressed for the newsletter to turn out the way we'd like.

• There is a gray bar at the bottom of the "Blank with Editable Header" Template that says "Contact Info Here". I can remove the text, but am not given an option to delete the bar entirely (which is what i need to do. I at least need to be able to make it white or translucent, invisible.
  • We would like to know if there is a way to make the mobile version of this more adaptable. If I pull it up on my iphone, the images we use as categories (what now are the small red boxes that say "BK FOOD") appear in the center as opposed to the left orientation they have on a desktop. They are also not proportionally accurate. Those small category images overwhelm the text boxes below. How can I change the way my newsletter appears in mobile contexts?
  • The sharing link in the  "Blank with Editable Header" Template appears to be immobile. Is that correct? I either wanted it right-oriented or at the bottom of the template. Are either of these things possible?
Thanks for any help you can give!

Photo of The L Magazine

The L Magazine

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! You’ve got some great questions here. I can add a Blank template to your account with that grey bar (contact info here) removed completely. Another option would be looking up towards the upper left corner just underneath your mailing name and there is an option which says Footer. Clicking on this will give you the ability to change the color of that gray bar, so you could easily change it to white which will make it invisible blending in with your campaign background.

The images are responding correctly as they are stacking to be more easily/reliably viewable on a mobile device. You could insert that content in a left combo block which will help eliminate some of the additional padding which appears when viewing on a mobile device. Right now you currently have the image in it’s own box with the text below in it’s own box which is creating a pretty large gap on mobile. 

The social sharing icons are centered as well when viewing on a mobile device, but I can setup a template for you in which those social sharing buttons are located towards the bottom of the template. Can you please let me know where you would want them specifically? This template can also have the gray contact info bar removed as I mentioned above.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of The L Magazine

The L Magazine

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Tyler,

My apologies for not getting back sooner. Thanks for recoloring that gray bar, that is perfect! 

Hmm. I see that the space is smaller in your correction of the header images, but is there anyway that it can shrink proportionately when opened in mobile? Also the image still shows up on mobile in the center, and we'd like it to be on the left hand side, as it appears on the desktop version. It can show up above the text, we just don't want it  centered (as if the header image is featured more prominently than the text).

We would prefer to have the sharing options at the bottom, near the contact info. But if that is impossible, can they go in the upper right hand corner?
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey there! With regards to the mobile rendering those images are still going to center and stack. There are some limitations with this in email as it is different than creating a truly mobile-responsive website. The coding is setup for great and consistent viewability across the email and mobile landscapes. Here is a link to our Brainiac Guide which has some solid information regarding mobile optimizing.

I went ahead and added a template for you titled "Blank Slate - Social Share in Footer" which has those social share icons down towards the footer. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can assist further.
(Edited)
Photo of The L Magazine

The L Magazine

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Tyler,

Thanks for creating that template for us. Unfortunately, when I sent a test email, the sharing options (slated at the bottom in the template) appear all scrunched up in the corner (see screenshot). Is there a way to fix this?

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! I didn’t want you to think I forgot about you. I’m still troubleshooting that template to see what’s gone wrong. I have it displaying now in the footer, but it is still kicking off to the right for some reason. I’m going to have one of my colleagues take a look, who is more well versed in HTML, to see what is missing. I’ll be sure to give you a shout once I hear back from her.
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey there! Please give the template titled "Blank Slate - Social Share Footer” a shot and this one is good to go with those social buttons appearing centered in the footer. Thanks for your patience and please let me know if you run into any troubles.
Photo of The L Magazine

The L Magazine

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great. It appears to be working, thanks so much!

Photo of The L Magazine

The L Magazine

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Actually, I'm so sorry to be difficult, but it now appears to not be optimized for mobile. Would that have anything to do with moving the sharing options? All past test emails had been sent with mobile optimization enabled.
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
You’re not being difficult at all. I’m glad you reached back out! We’ve fixed this in the template code now, so it is again mobile optimized. Sorry for the troubles! I’ve removed the old template, so please use the new one saved as Blank Template - Footer Social

Please let me know if I can assist further.