So let's introduce ourselves on this thread and chat!
Please feel free to post:
- Your name
- Your company
- Your Twitter handle
- Your favorite email marketing tip
- A snippet about yourself
The last topic is open-ended on purpose. You're welcome to post as much or as little information as you'd like. Do you have a fun new app to share? Favorite website outside of work? Hilarious cat video? We're excited to hear about it!
+I'm Mary Foster
+I'm a proud Employee of Emma
+You can tweet me @maryelizfoster
+My favorite email marketing tip is to always send a welcome email!
+I like gardening, soccer and the beach. I'm an amateur hula-hooper and one of my favorite blogs is The Art of Doing Stuff.
My name is Brandi Leath, I work at Marine Parts Source (an online marine parts retail company). My twitter handle is @BrandiMykle. My favorite email marketing tip would have to be the whole less is more concept, keep it simple, short and sweet; that's what I try to follow.
A little about me.....I was an Accountant for almost 10 years and decided that I wanted to change careers into the design world. I'm now working in marketing and I'm going to school for graphic design. I'm also a social media geek and LOVE networking!!
Favorite website I go to frequently: Mashable
Since you asked for it...
Sad Cat Diary
- Your name: Mike Rizzo here!
- Your company: InDygital (In-Di-ji-tal)
- Your Twitter handle: @mikedrizzo or @InDygital
- Your favorite email marketing tip: Data kills HIPPO's! (Highest Paid Persons Opinion's) Which is a fun way of saying "test test test test test test test". Be sure you test different things with your users, subject line formats, body layout formats, CTA colors / fonts / locations / images / buttons / shapes. Figure out what blend works well for the audience and the type of message you are sending and continue to improve on those. Audiences change their mind, so mix it up every once in a while, but be sure the branding and the expectations are always the same... in other words, if they are looking for a link to reach your blog or website then make sure it's always in just about the same place and the same-ish format.
- A snippet about yourself: I'm just a really motivated marketing guy. I absolutely L.O.V.E digital marketing. Which really means I love analytics and data marketing. I have an OKAY eye for graphic design and I'm fairly creative, but when it comes down it.. i'm really the guy you want around to help innovate through data. :) Hope you all like it.
Here is our blog: indygital.wordpress.com
Name: Matt Olsen
Role: Digital Marketing Manager
Company: Firehouse Subs
My favorite email marketing tips:
(1) Test, test, test!
Constantly test and measure everything you can. Throw the data into spreadsheets. Look for patterns and results. See what moves the needle.
(2) Don't over-segment.
Segmenting your audience for relevant emails is important, but not always necessary. We can easily over-segment. For example, yes it's good to send sports offers to sports fans, but that doesn't mean you should exclude other people just because it bumps your open rate. Other folks might be interested. A higher open rate is pointless if you're not actually reaching more people. So carefully watch your opt-out rate on these kinds of emails and learn what that "threshold" of non-relevance is. You might be surprised how many subscribers actually are interested in info you might have otherwise segmented them out of.
A snippet about myself:
I'm a super cool musician. I can play almost any instrument I pick up. My main instruments are piano/keyboard, guitar, and bass, but I also enjoy accordion, harmonica, drums, and trumpet. I compose and record electronic music.
My favorite email marketing tip is to be selfish and keep yourself in mind when designing mailings: Do you like scrolling through pages and pages of text without images? Is Comic Sans your friend? Do you scramble to open an email with the subject line October Marketing Report? If not, don't walk that way. Determine your brand based on what excites you -- Your audience will follow.
A bit about me is that I was in print and online journalism for years before prioritizing creative writing and making the day-job move to Emma, where the people are nice, the doughnuts are weekly and the logo beat-boxes.
1. My name Charlene Chavez but I'm also known as "Charlie".
2. I'm the owner of Charlene Chavez Photography.
3. Let's connect on Twitter @pixelplay20.
4. My favorite email marketing tip is to keep it very simple and make sure to test all links.
5. The things that I love: of course my family, connecting with people, traveling, cooking/eating, you can't really do one without the other, hiking, social media and design and sew.
On my bucket list: pilots license, rappelling, travel all 50 US States, this is it for now.
- My name is Ted Hogan
- I'm the Web Producer / Content Manager for DriveBigTrucks.com
- Company Twitter acct. is @TDIDriverSchool
- Personal Twitter acct is @TedMHogan
- Email marketing insight: mobile is getting to be much bigger, much quicker than I thought.
- I have always found it to be much better to build bridges than to build fences.
Oh, did I mention -- I have become a huge fan of the Emma tool set.
Mary Claire Zibart, here. A former Emmarican (does that make me an expat?), I'm now serving as the marketing manager at BookPage. I'm constantly working in Emma, and am excited to jump into the Community with questions and answers.
One of my favorite email marketing tips is to keep things simple. You only have a handful of seconds to get your point across in the inbox, so don't load up your emails with excessive information. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Follow me—the two-time winner of Stokes Middle School's Biggest Smile Contest—on Twitter @mczibart
-My name is Dani
-I serve as the volunteer Media Coordinator for Girls on the Run of Berks County, PA
- Our Twitter is @GOTRBerks
-I'm learning all I can about email marketing, so no favorite tips yet
-My fulltime gig is serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) on the initiative Ready.Set.READ!, managed by the United Way of Berks County
I'm Abby - I work at QuaverMusic.com, a music education curriculum publisher here in Nashville - right on Music Row. We make tools for elementary and middle school music teachers to use technology to reach their students - pretty rad!
I'm on twitter - and everyone social media is sold - as @dearabbyleigh.
My favorite email tip? Send yourself test emails to different email accounts - on different email clients - to see what someone might see on the other end!
About me? I went to the same high school as Dolly Parton (not at the same time, silly) and can still (kind of) recite the prologue to Romeo and Juliet. I should really work on new interesting facts . . .
I'm Kati and I do lots of stuff. My day to day is managing digital marketing for a $20 billion pension fund. There wasn't much social or email to be seen when I got here - I'm trying to change that. I also really love the cause I'm donating my time to: HP Serve, an awesome faith-based organization in Baton Rouge that's trying to eliminate homelessness among youth in one of the most violent zip codes in the country. It's a big project, and you can follow along on Insta and Twitter on the same handle, @HPServe. I'm @katihyer.
My favorite email tip is: it's not over when you click "send." Drill, baby, drill into the numbers!
About me? I'm an Emmamerican now, but I was a FrancophEmma for a while. I lived in Paris with my husband and baby and now I miss it terribly. I'm hoping to one day get back! I now have two babies, Adelaide and Huck (Huckleberry) and they are awesome. They do not have a twitter handle yet.
- Michael Erickson, Director of Marketing
- Fifth Group Restaurants
- Phrase your subject line in the form of a question
- I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.
I'm Katie, and I'm absolutely in love with my job as the support team manager at Emma. You can Tweet us at @emmaemail.
Since every inbox and browser will render HTML a little differently, my favorite email marketing tip is to test, test, test before you send to your audiences -- to a wide variance of inboxes and devices.
Some of my favorite things are my super cool munchkin, donuts and working out (A LOT).
Always happy to help in Emma Community!