How can I change the texture/pattern of a template color?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I love the way the background colors on some of the Emma templates are sort of textured, like on the "Jersey Knit," for example. Is there a way to recreate that texture/pattern? Thanks!
Photo of Baltimore Montessori Public Charter

Baltimore Montessori Public Charter

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Great question!

If you take a look at that Jersey Knit template, you can see that the textured background is one of 5 custom "colors" our design team built into that template:

There isn't a way to *recreate* that using the editor, but you could have any template tailored by our design team to add custom colors of your choosing just like this one! That service starts at $149 and includes customing any single readymade template with your brand’s colors, logo, text styles and social media links.
Photo of Pablo Molina

Pablo Molina

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I really think that -if Emma really cares about making things easy for us users- there should be an option to upload a background because that is a design element that should be able to get customized without ordering it from the design team. I don't feel right to pay $149+ for a background change!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Pablo -- The price you mention here is for a fully coded custom HTML template by our design team. I've replied here with more details on customizing your template with a new background image. Thanks!
Photo of Pablo Molina

Pablo Molina

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hello Emily! I just pointed out to that price because that's what you said above: "That service starts at $149". It's now clearer for me and I hope to everyone too.
Best!
Photo of The Suit

The Suit

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
hello, I did one for one of my clients recently (see attached) it's not very stable.... it worked for most email clients except strangely on my clients' outlook. I checked on my own outlook and checked with a few friends, and it worked for all of us... wow 149+? i'd do it for $100 haha

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi! Thanks for weighing in here. I also wanted to mention that our tiered accounts can code their own background image into any template they create using our Template Builder tool, which is ideal for building templates and sharing with multiple client accounts within the agency.