How can I view the code for my emails?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: too specific

Hi,
Is it possible to view the html code for my email templates? I am using Chrome V. 47.0
Photo of Radsource

Radsource

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 68 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Radsource, if you're trying to view a template, click on the Menu in the right-hand corner of your account > Drop-down to Assets and click there > Choose your template > and just below the 'Preview' and 'Save buttons on the right-hand side of the template, choose 'Code'

(Edited)
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Thanks, Ashley! The Template Builder you've referenced there is a tool for our tiered accounts and isn't available to Pro accounts.

Radsource - you can see the code behind each text block in your mailing by clicking the </> button on the formatting toolbar. The code for the template, or the framework, of your mailing isn't available. I'm happy to take a look at a specific mailing for you if you have questions! Let me know. :)
Photo of Visit Franklin

Visit Franklin

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Emily, do you have an email address where you can be reached? We're having trouble with a holiday mailer and can't quite figure out what's going on with it. Thanks!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Visit Franklin! You can always reach our support team directly by emailing support@myemma.com.

I hopped into your account and can see that you've been working on the "Holiday Card" mailing. That is so cute!

I sent a made a copy and sent a test to myself. I noticed that the preview text was repeating in the mailing, which usually indicates something is up in the html:

I removed the body tags you had included in that html block. You don't need those formatting tags since the template you're working in already has them! After that, my test looked great. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. :)
(Edited)
Photo of Visit Franklin

Visit Franklin

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Emily! Looks great!
Photo of Radsource

Radsource

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok, thank you! This answers my question.