How can we use Emma to "host" a white paper download?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
We'd like to upload a PDF file to Emma as a "white paper".

Then we'd like to include a link to the file in the signature of our normal, day-to-day email correspondence.

If the recipient clicks on the link, they'd go to a simple sign-up page at Emma, with a request for just their email address.

(In this scenario we are not using Emma for a mass mailing, just as a gatekeeper to the white paper.) 

Can anyone point us to a method for doing this?

Thanks!
Photo of Bill Sims Company Incorporated

Bill Sims Company Incorporated

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there,

You'll definitely be able to upload a pdf to your Emma account and link it for download in one of your mailings! Katie did a great job of explaining how to link documents in this community thread. Please give that a read and let me know if that's the functionality you were looking for.

You also mentioned linking to a signup form in your mailing, which you'd also be able to easily accomplish, but I'd like to know how you envisioned that being incorporated- were you looking to have the signup form required for downloading the document? Please let me know a bit more about your vision there, and I'll see if we can provide some more details around that for you. 

Thanks!

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Thanks for the link, that is what we are trying to do.

Regarding the signup form, we're thinking something fairly simple. Since we know who we are sending the email to, we're looking for a simple way to know who accesses the white paper.

We're thinking about just asking for their email address...

Your thoughts?

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

A second question...

Is there a way to include a Google Analytics code for the download hosted at Emma?

Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
As far as finding out who accesses the document, you'll be able to see who clicked on that link from the Response area of the mailing. I can't immediately think of a better way to get that data. You'll just head to Response in your account, locate the mailing in question and view that mailing's response, head to the "Clicks" tab, and then you'll be able to sort by the specific link to see who clicked that link to download the file.

You'll be able to apply Google Analytics to your mailing as a whole to track links through Google. Here is a great Resource Center article that details the process.

Thanks!