How do I cancel a scheduled mailing before it sends?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I scheduled a mailing with wrong subject line. It is scheduled to go out in 3 hours. How do I stop it from going out so I can change subject line?
Photo of 100 Black Men of Los Angeles, Inc

100 Black Men of Los Angeles, Inc

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there! You can cancel a scheduled mailing by going to the Scheduled tab on your Campaigns page. (This tab only appears if you've scheduled a mailing.)

Click the downward-pointing arrow to the right of that mailing and select to cancel it. Then you can jump into it, make any changes you need and schedule it again to send.
Photo of Emerald Marketing Association

Emerald Marketing Association

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I delete a split test campaign before it sends?.

I'm new to Emma. I sent a campaign using a split test. After not receiving a version of the email myself after one hour, I asked several others if they received an email. No one had. So, I just went back into Emma and sent the campaign in normal setting, without the split test. After further exploration, I see where I was supposed to go in and see the split test results and manually select one. I did not do this. And now the campaign is scheduled to send (again) to the audience in 1 hour. How can I delete the split test campaign from being sent?
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi, to add some additional details around the split test specific question above.

During the first few minutes of a split test send, you can locate the mailing on the response page, click the downward pointing arrow to the right of the mailing and you will see an option to cancel that mailing. The option to cancel will only exist for a short amount of time which fluctuates depending on the total size of the audience for that mailing.

If the cancel option doesn't exist, our support team may have the ability to cancel the mailing for you. In this specific case, I was able to cancel that split test.