How do I change the image for my header and save as a new template?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Where/how can I change the image that is being used for my template? I want to change it and then save as a new template. However, I don't see the option to do either. I don't know if the new email system has changed this capability or if there is something going on with my account. Please assist.

I have tried this with Firefox and with Safari, but neither is working for this.
Photo of Turner Realtors

Turner Realtors

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kati Hyer

Kati Hyer

• 47 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Howdy! Click your header image and an "Insert Image" box will open." Upload your preferred image, and when you go to click "Save" in the editor, click the drop down arrow. There, you can"Save as Template." You may want to save it was "Template 2" and then delete "Template 1" just to keep things organized. Hope this helps! 
(Edited)
Photo of Turner Realtors

Turner Realtors

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for this feedback. Unfortunately, when I click the header image, nothing happens. Also, in the "Save" section, "Save as Template" is not appearing as an option. "Save" & "Save a Copy" & "Save & Close" are the only options appearing.
(Edited)
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Turner -- I checked your account settings and it looks like the "save as template" feature wasn't enabled for your account. I've flipped that feature on for you, so you should now see that as an option from the "save" menu as TRSL mentioned above! Sorry about that. 

It looks like the template you're using was created for you by your agency. They've hardcoded that header image into the template, so you won't be able to edit that image like you can the content in the drag and drop area of the template. You'll want to check in with your agency to see if they can provide a different version of that template for you!
Photo of Josie Iselin

Josie Iselin

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I cannot change my header image either.  I made the template myself and am trying to update just the header image.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Josie -- Are you working in the Loving Blind Productions template? 

Did you design this template and have our design team code it? There isn't a way to create templates in your account, and this looks like custom work. Let me know, thanks!
Photo of Josie Iselin

Josie Iselin

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes I designed this template years ago. I used your template builder to build it.  I dont remember it being hard to do or involving your design or code team.  I have been using it ever since and just want to tweak the header image.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Josie -- I see you spoke to my teammate Greg this afternoon on this. While you built this template using the template builder, your current account type doesn't have access to the template builder. As he mentioned, our services team can swap that header image out for you!

If you'd like to be able to make edits to this template yourself, I recommend recreating the template using the drag and drop editor and the save as template feature. I would start with the Blank without a header template from our gallery. From there, all you need is an image and text block at the top to recreate your banner image. You can set the borders on the sides and the footer color using the template feature options along the top!

Photo of Josie Iselin

Josie Iselin

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
okay sounds good. Thanks!  Out of interest, what type of account does have access to the template builder?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Our tiered accounts (agency and org) have template builder, which is really designed to build and share templates with sub-accounts. You have a professional account. Did you by chance have a tiered account at one point, or were you part of an agency account? I didn't see mention of this in your account history, so I'm not sure when/where you would have had access to the template builder.
Photo of Josie Iselin

Josie Iselin

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No I have always just been a little ol' small business account.   Thanks.  Josie
Photo of Josie Iselin

Josie Iselin

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Emily,  I have succeeded in rebuilding my newsletter template and created my newest newsletter, but there is one last glitch I cannot seem to fix: in the footer bar I have included my email address and website address and these persist in appearing in blue despite my repeated efforts to change the color of the linked text by highlighting and changing or by putting the cursor in the work and changing color.  My previews look fine, but when I send a tester, those links come out blue.  Any ideas here?  Thanks  Josie

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Josie -- I'm glad to hear that! I'll take a look at your mailing this morning and see what I can do. :)

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Josie -- What you're seeing there is your email client automatically hyperlinking that text. Most email clients (especially mobile inboxes) look for websites, email addresses and phone numbers and link them for convenience. The trick to avoiding that blue hyperlink is to link that text in your mailing to something else. Then we can remove the underline (following these instructions) and set the link color to whatever you'd like, making it impossible for your inbox to link that text again. 

I went ahead and did this for you in a copy of your mailing titled "October #3 2015 - Emily copy."
Photo of Josie Iselin

Josie Iselin

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
okay thanks---but to get it straight---i link it again myself manually to my website? or to "something else?"

Thanks and I will give this a try.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Josie -- You can link it to anything. In my copy, I linked it to your website. Just linking the text allows you to format the linked text, rather than the inbox assuming you want that unlinked text to be linked (underlined and blue) because it's a website. Make sense? :)
Photo of Josie Iselin

Josie Iselin

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I see--now I get it...Thanks!  Josie
Photo of Turner Realtors

Turner Realtors

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I also tried Chrome and none of these work for either the Saving or the changing header photo.