How do I change the type color of a email hyperlink?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Browser type = Chrome.
Photo of CPP Global

CPP Global

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of CPP Global

CPP Global

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I should add that I can change it to white, but when I send the test email and open it, it is blue.  Thanks for any help!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
I have had that problem a few times, I have a solution but it might take me a few to find it.  I know I had to get emma to go in and do some coding changes. Let me see what I can find out for you.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Official Response
Yep, I had to actually put code in there instead of change the font using the emma editor
<p style=""><span style="text-decoration: none"><a href="http://www.marinepartssource.com"; style="color: #FFF; text-decoration: none" data-type="url" data-name="www.marinepartssource.com">www.<span class="e2ma-style" style="font-size: 20px">marinepartssource</span>.com</a>&nbsp;</span></p>
This is how it displays in my preview AND in my mail program:

(Edited)
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
If you need me to help you code yours I'll be glad to.
Photo of CPP Global

CPP Global

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thank you for your help, Brandi!  I have tried taking the bit of code you provided and changing it, but can't figure it out.  The info that I want in the footer is an email address --- marketing@cppglobal.com
I want the type to be white (it's a blue box) and to be 14 pt.  Does this give you enough information to insert into the code you used?
Thank you again!
Beth
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
ah! yes an email address is a bit different. And yes that should be enough. I'll type it out and send it to you in just a minute, I want to make sure it works first. :)
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
<p style=""><span style="text-decoration: none"><a href="mailto: marketing@cppglobal.com" style="color: #FFF; text-decoration: none" data-type="url" data-name="marketing@cppglobal.com"><span class="e2ma-style" style="font-size: 14px">marketing@cppglobal.com</span></a></span></p>
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
That should work for you, once you enter the code, you should be able to change the font in the font editor if you want.
And you are very welcome! Glad I could help!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
when I click on the link in my email it is adding a plus sign before it, not sure why that is, hopefully at emma sees this and can answer that question for us. :)

Photo of CPP Global

CPP Global

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
That worked!  You rock!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Awesome! Thanks! :) Double check the plus sign thing, again, not sure why that is happening.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Thanks for the assist here, Brandi! :)
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
You're welcome!! :)
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- It looks like you're all set here thanks to Brandi's quick work. :) Please let me know if you still need assitance with this!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
You might find this post helpful as well!