How do I find the codes/reasons for soft bounces in an email?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I am trying to find out why we have so many soft bounces. I would like to know if they are going to spam, or what is causing the soft bounces.
Photo of Catherine Alton

Catherine Alton

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of The ETHER Initiative

The ETHER Initiative

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was just about to ask the same question. I have had a large number from specific domains and I am wondering whether this is part of an email policy such as anti-spam from my customers.

All of these people are known to me and are my customers.

However, to get the exact response from the server would be very helpful to understand the causes.

All of these emails work when I use them in 1-1 emails, but seem to fail when they are included into the Emma mailings.
Photo of Damian Gatta

Damian Gatta, Official Rep

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi There!

If a receiver servers delivers a campaign to the spam folder, Emma will show that campaign as being delivered.  In most cases, if a receiving server is blocking a campaign due to spam, that would show as a hard bounce.  If there is a particular mailing in your account that you have sent, just give me the name of the campaign and I am happy to jump in your account and take a peek.
Photo of Damian Gatta

Damian Gatta, Official Rep

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Catherine, 

I just followed up to an email you sent to Emma Support but wanted to chime in here as well.  If campaigns are going to a contacts spam inbox, that is not recorded as soft bounce in Emma.  Take a look at this resource article where we discuss delivery of campaigns, including soft and hard bounces.

Feel free to give me a shout with any questions!