How to add a survey to Welcome Trigger

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Is it possible to add a survey in with my Welcome email trigger? If so how?

Here are some of the ideas I have for surveys for examples:
  • How often do they want to receive our emails.
  • What Type of emails would they like to receive (promo's, product info, company news, how to's, etc.)
  • What type of boat they have?
I'd like to start targeting my emails and I would think this would be a great way to do that.  Any suggestions are welcome!! 

Thanks!!!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Has anyone used Google Forms with emma before? I just discovered them and I'm wondering if that would be a good way to do this.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Brandi -- Great question! You can absolutely link a survey in any mailing, but I think a sign-up form will meet your needs better here. If you customize a sign-up form with these kinds of questions, you can begin to gather the information you need from your audience on the front end. That will help you to hone your messaging to each target group based on their responses!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Thanks for the info Emily, is there a blog post on how to do that?

Also, we import a list of contacts weekly, after seeing this emma community post, email triggered by import, It made me think of adding the survey to the welcome email so the new import would give us that info so I can segment my newcomers.

I'd also like to segment the current 20,000 contacts in my audience that we send mailings to, with the same form.

I hope all that made sense.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Ok -- Can you clarify for me a bit? Is the welcome email going out to those lists that you are importing weekly, or to a group populated by a sign-up form? You want to add the survey to the welcome email going out to Group A, in hopes to use the data somehow with Group B that you are importing, correct? Straighten me out if I'm off track. :)
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Currently the welcome email is going to the people who use our sign-up form.  When people sign up I want to collect data from them asking them what kind of emails they would like to receive, and possibly how often.  Then I will take that data and create segmented lists based of that.

I want to send the same welcome email to the contacts in my weekly import, but it isn't set up that way, yet. Currently they are just imported and then they get the next campaign that goes out, skipping that step.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Also most of my contacts come from the import, not the sign up form.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Brandi -- I still think a sign-up form is going to work best for you here. You can either include the custom fields you need in your signup form at the front-end or include a link to that signup form within the welcome autoresponder. Emma will automatically do the segmenting for you -- as long as you takes care to complete step #8 on this page: https://support.e2ma.net/Account_resources/Account_how-to/customizing-your-signup-form

By directing your imported contacts to the same sign-up form linked in the welcome trigger email, you can gather the same information for all of your contacts. Everyone who fills out the sign-up form will be added to the group you designate. Then you can segment your list further, using our segments feature, based on the added information you are gaterhing from the form. 

I hope this helps!!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
YES! that helps a lot thank you!!