How to add Emma email opens to Salesforce Campaign

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hello, I have successfully synced myemma to Salesforce and have sent my first mailing to a contact list. From Salesforce, is it possible to add all of the email opens to a Salesforce campaign? Thanks!
Photo of DISYS Inc

DISYS Inc

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Just reaching out to let you know that I'm working on this! I'm looking into the specifics with our resident salesforce experts. :) I'll reach out here when I know more!
Photo of Katie Watts

Katie Watts, Support Team Manager

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Official Response
Good afternoon, Gordon!

Thanks for your post. The Emma for Salesforce integration feeds the opens data back to the Emma Mailings tab within your Salesforce account, but there's not a feature within the integration that allows you to automatically add the response data to a Salesforce campaign.

Although it's not a function of the Emma for Salesforce integration or an aspect we'd offer support for, the workflows and customizations within Salesforce are nearly endless. You may want to investigate on your end the possibility of doing some custom Salesforce development work that may allow that particular data to be added to a campaign within Salesforce. I haven't heard from other customers who have been interested in this specifically, but I have worked with several folks using the integration who have done other development work within their Salesforce accounts to use the data the integration syncs in custom ways.

If I can provide further clarification on this, please give me a shout. Always happy to help!

Cheers,
Katie
Photo of Sumithra Sudhir

Sumithra Sudhir

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Katie,

We want to Emma mailings and emails to salesforce (from prior to the initial sync). I know Emma Sync does not bring in old information. If I need to do this, do I have to do through salesforce workflow. Can you help me get started? 

Sumithra
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there Sumithra, 

I checked in with my Salesforce folks here and that IS something that can be done.  We’ve heard from several other users that have done just that using the data loader, which is a function of Salesforce unrelated to the Emma for Salesforce integration. While we’re savvy specifically on the integration’s components, we’re just not deeply trained on all of the other pieces of Salesforce (including the in’s and out’s of the data loader). If you're not savvy on how to load in the historical response data using the Salesforce data loader, Salesforce support might be a good route for you.

If there are any other users of the integration come across this convo and have used the data loader to import historical mailing data into Salesforce, we’d love to hear from you here with a little how-to guidance!

- Grey
Photo of Sumithra Sudhir

Sumithra Sudhir

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, Grey. I am familiar and use data loader, so If I can get Emma export, I can try to use it with dataloader to import to salesforce. Yes, it would be great to hear that has done this in the past.