How can I add a "button" to our mailing that links the recipient to a survey we have created within myemma?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Photo of Impact Entertainment

Impact Entertainment

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! Now that the editor has the ability to add text to images, it's as simple as uploading the button background shape and using the text tool in the image editor to add whatever the button language should be. Then you can link that text to your survey. Here's a quick screencast to show how that works.
Photo of Western Energy Institute

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Does this mean the only way to insert a button into an Emma campaign is by doing so with an image - meaning for Outlook clients, they will never see the button unless they "download images?" Is there another way to insert a call to action button?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! You will want to use an image file and link that image. The file types allowed are listed here. Is there another file type you were hoping to use?

I suggest adding alt text to your image in the mailing so that if it doesn’t download by default for someone who has those settings, they’ll still see your message.
Photo of Western Energy Institute

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Katie,

Sorry, this doesn't answer the question. I understand about inserting images and the acceptable file types. The question is: Is there another way to insert a call-to-action button into a campaign without using an image? Or is this the only way.

Thanks,
Darcy
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I’m afraid I’m not understanding, Darcy. Will you help me understand what you mean by a button if it isn’t an image file?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hello again! I'm hoping that our upcoming button tool will resolve this for you.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! I want to let you know that the button tool is live now. :)