How do I add the signup form to my Facebook page?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Photo of Pure Barre Naples

Pure Barre Naples

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Watts

Katie Watts, Support Team Manager

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
You can use our iframe signup option and the Facebook application, Static HTML: iframe tabs, to add an Emma signup form to your Facebook business or fan page. Here's how:

+ After you've customized your signup form, visit the main Audience page and scroll to the bottom to the Your signup forms section. Click the menu button to the right of the signup form's name and select Add this to your site.

+ A modal will pop up with all of the methods for publishing your signup form. Copy the iframe option, then head over to Facebook.

+ Using Facebook's search bar, search for Static HTML: iframe tabs. Then, click Go to App. On the next screen, click Add Static HTML: iframe tabs.

+ You'll need to be logged in as yourself and not as your business or fan page. If you're logged in as yourself, you're taken to a page to click Add Static HTML to a Page. If logged in as another page, you'll click Visit App Page, then click Go to App. You'll be able to choose which page of yours to add the application to.

+ Click Add Static HTML: frame tabs. View the tabs (such as photos, maps, etc.) to find what you just added. Click the green Edit Tabs button.

+ Paste your iframe code in the index.html box box, and click the green Preview tab button to preview your form or the blue save & publish button to push the signup form live. Then click Done editing tab.

+ Go back to your page, view the newly created signup form tab, click the pencil icon, select Edit Settings and give your tab a custom name. Click Save, then Okay. You can also add a tab image here.

The steps to embed your signup form to it's own tab in Facebook can definitely sound a little tricky. If you'd rather bypass using the iframe application on Facebook, another option is to simply post a link to your signup form on your Facebook timeline. To post the link, copy the 'Link to It' URL in the list of add-to-site options. Post that link directly on your wall.

Hope this helps! If you run into trouble along the way with these steps, please let us know.
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Just adding an update here that these steps have changed ever so slightly. :) The latest steps are here, in the Resource Center.
Photo of Lisa Frein

Lisa Frein

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email signup through facebook.

Is there an emma facebook app that will allow our facebook fans to signup for the enewsletter on our facebook page?
Photo of Bardstown Tourism

Bardstown Tourism

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Emma Facebook Tab.

Greetings!  Just trying to find out if My Emma provides a way to implement a sign-up through Facebook tabs.  Any help? 
Photo of Compass Records

Compass Records

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This directions no longer work.  Are there updated instructions?
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there, Compass Records!

Thank you so much for reporting that the instructions are out of date. I hopped over to the Resource Center link and confirmed that many of the steps need slight tweaks to match new language and interface in Facebook. I've alerted my colleague that manages all of our online resources, and I'll be working with him to get the updates made.

I'll circle back here with a heads up as soon as we've got the updated documentation live. Thanks again!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Official Response
Good news, Compass Records!

I've heard from my colleague who manages our online resources that the instructions to add your signup form to your Facebook page have been updated. The most current steps are available in our Resource Center.

Thanks for the heads up those had gotten out of date, and please give us a shout if we can help further!