How do I change the address in my template's footer?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
The address in my template's footer is out of date, but I don't seem to be able to edit it. Can you do this for me?
Photo of FAQ

FAQ

• 44 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
The physical address (a federal requirement) that appears in the footer can be there a couple ways:

1) The first is that it's pulling from your account's settings. This is the case if you're using a readymade template in the template gallery and not a custom template. To change the address, go to the gears icon at the top-right of your account, select Settings & billing, click the Sender info tab and update your address. Then pop back over to your mailing to see if the template was updated. If it wasn't ...

2) ... then that means that at some point, we hard-coded the address into your template, so it exists behind the scenes in the code. This might have been done if you wanted two addresses in the footer or a specific address color, for example. Let us know if you need this changed -- send us the name of the template you're using, the way the address currently appears and what it should be changed to, and we're glad to do so!

3) There is a third option, and that's that your address is contained within an image. You can check when you're within edit mode of your mailing by clicking on the address and trying to drag it. If the whole piece moves away, including the address, that means the address is an image, and the text isn't editable by you or in the code. But never fear -- Our Design Team can revise this for you. Complete the design form asking for this revision, and a designer will be in touch.
(Edited)
Photo of Venture Portland

Venture Portland

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there a way to add additional information to the hard-coded footer? Right now I have my website and phone number in the customizable footer and my address in the hard-coded footer. Is there a way to add my website and phone number to the hard-coded footer so everything is together?
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Yep, we can hard-code additional contact details into your template’s footer. (Keep in mind that if your website and phone number change, you’ll need to give us a shout to update it.)

I’m glad to take care of it — Want to create a new private conversation to share those details? If you’ll go back to community.myemma.com and act like you’re creating a new conversation, there’s a checkbox you can check to make your new conversation private. (You can’t switch a conversation from public to private once it’s been created.) Or, feel free to give me a shout here, and I’ll take a look at your template.
Photo of Royal Cup Coffee - CarolinasOCS

Royal Cup Coffee - CarolinasOCS

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am working on a project for my corporate office and the address is hard-coded to my regional sales office. Can you help me change it for just this one campaign?
Photo of AIUSA_EMMA

AIUSA_EMMA

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI Katie, we've got the 2nd situation above ("hard-coded the address into your template, so it exists behind the scenes in the code").  Who should I send the new address to?
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I can help with this. You can let me know here which template you need revised and with what address so I can make that change. If you don't want to share that information publicly, send it in an email to support@myemma.com to my attention, and I'll take care of it. Just let me know if you do that so I can watch for it. :)
Photo of TWO TWELVE

TWO TWELVE

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello! I need to add some information to my email footer. 
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi there Two Twelve, feel free to drop a line here and I can get that updated for you, or shoot an email over to support@myemma.com with the template name and the updates you'd like to make.  

We can do small text and link changes here in support, but anything involving images or styling would need to go through our design team via their form at www.myemma.com/design-revisions 

Cheers!
Photo of TWO TWELVE

TWO TWELVE

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We just need our phone number added to the already existing footer--but this is for a mailing going out Monday, so it has to be finalized today. Will the change be reflected immediately?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
I see you sent in an email as well.  I've responded to you there asking for a bit more information.  As soon as I get all of the relevant information I can get that added in for you.