How do I edit the value of the submit button on the join newsletter form?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I want my signup form's submit button to have text other than "submit". The objective is to get the button to have a value of "JOIN NEWSLETTER"
Photo of Bud Werner Memorial Library

Bud Werner Memorial Library

• 25 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! There currently is not a way to edit the submit button in the editor itself. I reached out to our Director of Design to see if that is a service we offer to create a custom signup form and we currently do not offer this at the moment either. We are consistently striving to make Emma more awesome though and this may become a future enhancement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of WNW Design

WNW Design

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Tyler
It would be a really useful feature to add to the editor
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Official Response
So I just learned a little trick from one of my colleagues that you are indeed able to edit that submit button.

To change that image, you'll have to work a little magic with the class about the Submit button when using the JavaScript object (http://myemma.com/resources/how-to/cu...). Here's a sample of what that will look like:

.e2ma_signup_form_button {

width: 60px !important;
background: url(image_name) no-repeat;
border: none;
}

Of course, you'll insert your own image there to substitute.

Hopefully this helps!
Photo of Vicki Mills

Vicki Mills

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just wanted to see if there are any other options for this. Your image solution won't provide any mouseover effects will it? As far as I can tell it cannot. So the only way to change the value of the submit button is through the API? Still? Which means the email sign up form Emma uses on your own home page cannot be reproduced except through the API? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning Vicki! You are exactly right this would not provide any mouseover effects and the API would be the best route to go for creating a custom signup form. So you didn't miss anything :-)

Please let me know if I can assist further.
Photo of obrennan

obrennan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same problem.  I tried this solution, however the word "SUBMIT" is still appearing in black over my image.....It's odd.  Any idea how to fix this??  http://www.thewoodbros.com/test-emma/

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! Are you still running into troubles? I'm not seeing "submit" in black appearing and it looks like you have a custom button there now. Please let me know though if you still need assistance.