How do I forward an email from another organization's email address to my group list?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are partnering with several other local organizations for a monthly fundraiser. One of the other organizations sends a regular reminder email for the event, and the rest of our organizations is to forward their message to our email lists. How can I forward their email, which they sent to the email address associated with my Emma account, to a group list that we have organized on Emma? It seems like this should be easy...
Photo of Liberty Hyde Bailey Museum

Liberty Hyde Bailey Museum

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi, great question. If I am understanding you correctly, you receive an email and are wanting to forward that email to your particular audience.

Emma doesn't have a function that allows you to forward a mailing to the members of your audience. Forwarding an email can often result in rendering troubles and can also have negative impacts on audience management.

There is a better solution here that may be fairly attainable for you. If the original sender has their email creative in an HTML format, you may be able to obtain that code and drop it into an Emma Upload Your Own HTML template. This option would work great as long as the email designer follows our HTML for email best practices .

The second option is dependent on the complexity and size of the content being shared. If the mailing is fairly compact with only one image and link, you may be able to take a screenshot of the mailing you receive and drop it in as an image in a new Emma campaign. This option will only work if the mailing is very simple (a single paragraph of text).

The third option would be to give the designer access to your Emma account and have them create a copy of the mailing in your own Emma account.

Once that new campaign is created you can send to your audience with ease.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.