How do I stop an email that is in progress?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Photo of Green Jeans Creative

Green Jeans Creative

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hello! You can quickly hop over to your Response page to see if the 'Pause' option is available when clicking the dropdown menu next to that mailing. If it isn't available, then I'm sorry to say that the mailing has already sent out too many to stop it.

The way the mailing system works is that Emma creates the mailing and compiles the list of all recipients. Then the 'injectors' send those recipient email addresses over to a holding area. That holding area works super-fast, so it can send as fast as the injectors can work. That means that most smaller mailings can't be paused anymore; anything less than 5,000 recipients definitely can't be paused.

I quickly jumped behind the scenes when I saw your post and canceled the remaining mailings. Since so many had already gone out, though, there were only two email addresses that hadn’t yet received the mailing. I hope this helps, though!
Photo of Austin Film Festival

Austin Film Festival

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I also need an in progress email stopped. Pause is not an option or if it is, it is not shown.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I'm so sorry I missed your post here! By now, your email would certainly have completed sending. My apologies.
(Edited)
Photo of Commercial Web Services

Commercial Web Services

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Katie, 
would you be able to do this for us as well?
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I hopped into your account quickly and don't see any mailings currently in progress. There is a mailing listed on the In Progress tab that was sent yesterday morning. That should move over to the Completed tab soon since it's already finished sending. 

The window for cancelling a mailing is very small, so I would encourage you to give us a call if you need to pause or cancel a mailing!
Photo of Cynthia

Cynthia

• 123 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I have an email that is still "in progress" after a week. How do I stop it?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey there! This is actually a separate issue, so I’m creating a new space for us to talk about it. Please reference the new topic here: My split test is complete but shows on the In Progress tab
Photo of Buffalo Niagara Partnership

Buffalo Niagara Partnership

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My mailing was under 5,000 people, therefore the pause function was unavailable. I saw that there is a possibility to cancel the remaining mailings. Is it possible for you to do this for us?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! I've canceled that mailing for you from behind the scenes here. I hope this helps.
Photo of Carilion Clinic

Carilion Clinic

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This happened to us too. The pause option isn't available. Can you go behind the scenes and cancel the remaining mailings for us?
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- You're Carilion Clinic eNews - April 2015 mailing has already completed sending. That should move over to the Completed tab of the Response page shortly. If it doesn't move over in the next day or two, I can have it moved over for you!

Just a friendly reminder that the window to cancel a mailing that's in progress is very small. If you're every trying to cancel a mailing before it reaches all recipients, definitely give us a call!