• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey Carey! You can use our video block feature to add your YouTube video in your mailing. This won’t embed the video, since we don’t advise that, yet it will include a screenshot of your video with a play button to make it obvious for your recipients. It will look like this:

Give me a shout with any questions!
Photo of Lisa

Lisa

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I love that this has been added! I haven't been able to get it to work yet though, I get an error message each time that it can't be done (tried it on a half dozen videos over the past two weeks). I need to follow the troubleshooting steps in the support area :)
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Ugh, sorry to hear it, Lisa! Can you give me a couple examples of URLs you’re trying to link to?

Also, do you get the error message (what does it read, by the way?) no matter the web browser you use? Which browser are you using? I’m in Firefox 29, for reference.

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, shutting down the browser and then reopening it before trying again?

That’s a lot of questions. :) I know we can get this working for you!
Photo of Jason Buzzell

Jason Buzzell

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is there anyway YouTube or Vimeo could autoplay in email if the client lets it? Maybe do YouTube with ?rel=0&autoplay=1autoplay as the parameter?
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Jason -- I don't believe this will work in the video block, because the video isn't atually embedded in the email. The video block simply stores a thumbnail and links out to your video. I tried adding your parameter suggestion onto my youtube link in the video block, and it would not allow me to save that video block. 

You could play around with adding a parameter like this to an image link using an HTML block, but again, you'll be linking out to that video, not embedding it.
Photo of XR109 - Military

XR109 - Military

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I love that this has been added too!!  But, I cannot get it to upload my video.  I have the link to YouTube that I am trying to insert, but the little "flower" in the corner (that tells you that it is "thinking" aka processing my request) just spins... and spins... and spins... (for over 30 mins.--then I gave up). My YouTube clip is not that long and my connection speed--while it isn't amazing--this should be a piece of cake. Help. please!!  Thanks!!!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! I’d like to take a closer look — Will you please let me know the YouTube URL you’re using?

Also, which web browser and version are you in at the time? Have you tried clearing cache and cookies?

I’ll be looking for your reply!
Photo of XR109 - Military

XR109 - Military

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am using Chrome.  I tried shutting it down. I will send you the YouTube link. =)  Thanks for your super quick response!!!!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! I haven’t spotted that YouTube link — Did you connect with one of my colleagues for help with this, or can I still lend a hand?