How does Emma mobile-optimize my templates?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of FAQ

FAQ

• 44 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
With a wee bit of witchery.

While all of our readymade gallery templates and all new custom-designed templates are already optimized for mobile viewing, you can also have our Design Team code your submitted template designs or re-code your existing templates as mobile-optimized.

Mobile optimization is about making your mailings as clear and legible on mobile devices as possible. Our designers code your template to detect which device it's being displayed on and adapt accordingly. We may code images to scale to smaller screens or hide altogether, certain elements may be stacked to better fit the screen and all live text gets bigger. Each case is a little different, so every template is quoted individually based on the work involved.

It's important to note that certain mobile email clients don't support mobile optimization: Android 2.1 Eclair, Blackberry OS5, Windows Phones and Microsoft Surface. Those clients will still display the desktop version of your mailing.

Please also note that while we can mobile-optimize templates, one-time custom HTML mailings may not be mobile-optimized at this time, as those are coded as image-only.

Let us know if you have any questions about this!
Photo of Mission Enablers

Mission Enablers

• 30 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Can you update the information on clients who don't support mobile optimization? I'm having an issue where some people see the same campaign as optimized on an Android device where others do not. I'm trying to figure out where the problem is (and how to fix it).

Thanks,

Heather
Photo of Carissa

Carissa

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi! I typically use the "Custom HTML I made my own design, but I need to get it coded" service from MyEmma. Are these now mobile-optimized as well? Do I need to specify that I'd like it mobile-optimized when I upload my design file or does the design team do it automatically? I read an article w/ guidelines for design to make mobile-optimization easier for your team... are there any other requirements? Thank you!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Carissa! When you submit what we call a pre-design like you describe, these are not automatically mobile-optimized. You'll want to request it as part of your design submission, since not all designs will work for mobile-optimization.

If you don't request that the template be mobile-optimized, to get that done after the fact, you'll want to submit a new design request and mark it as a revision. The Design Team will quote out the new work from there. :)
Photo of Stone Soup Creative

Stone Soup Creative

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've noticed the "mobile view" of my campaign in the editor looks nothing at all like the real thing on my phone (Android). What gives?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
"What gives", indeed!  

Most all email programs on Android devices will ignore any mobile-optimization that is given to them or will render them incorrectly.  

I would that I had a better answer for you, but for now there isn't a way for us to force them to render how we'd like on mobile.  

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

- G