HTML Code for Sharing Options

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I would like to include the email sharing options that are in the footer (to email, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) in an additional spot in my email. How can I get the code for that so I can place it elsewhere in my customized html email?
Photo of Allie

Allie

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Allie -- That's a great idea! Our new button block would be great for that. :)

If you scroll down to the JSON Templating Markup section of this resource article, you'll find the share tags you need. Template Builder is a tool that our agency partners use to build their own templates, but you can grab those tags and add them as links to buttons or text to create those share links in the body of your mailing.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Photo of Conexion Americas

Conexion Americas

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there an easy way to add this without getting into coding templates? Just a link that I can add to a button or text?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Official Response
Yes indeed!  The link that Emily references there, though it does involve a bit of code, does not require you code a template.  

The basics of it are that you would add this bit of code:

[% share:email url_only="true" %]

You can add that as the URL for a button or use that as the link for a bit of text.  

You simply replace the word "email" with "facebook" or "twitter" or "linkedin" 

Let me know if you have any questions!  

- Grey
Photo of Live Oak Chicago

Live Oak Chicago

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Likely a naive question here, Grey, but could one use "instagram" as well, although that's not part of the footer? Thanks.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Not at all naive, I wasn't sure so I just tested in my account and it did not work.  It actually broke the mailing and wouldn't send.  So my gut tells me no.   :) 
Photo of RP Solutions

RP Solutions

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I know it's been 6 months since this post, so I am hopeful there's a better answer by now, but I can't get the share LinkedIn button at the bottom to work.   This is what you get when you go to share it. I tried to use the one set up in my eblasts at the bottom, and I added a button like described in the above thread and used the code you referenced, [% share:email url_only="true" %] that doesn't work either. I just get the following: it just shows a code and not my image or anything.  t.e2ma.net   I'm not sure why that's what it is showing, or what to do at this point? 

Is there a better answer yet for LinkedIn sharing? It's such a huge social media outlet for B2B how is this not integrated better with Emma?  Please help....

Photo of RP Solutions

RP Solutions

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
here is a link with info, but I believe this needs to be through your programmers before we as users can use it right? 

https://developer.linkedin.com/docs/share-on-linkedin#
Photo of RP Solutions

RP Solutions

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
this is some of what may be the error code info in the html code, but I'm not sure what it means or how to fix it?  Can someone advise? I just need my social sharing linkedin button to work correctly.

app.e2ma.net/:174 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://app.e2ma.net/app2/campaigns/create/211709418/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://d1v4jtnvxv2013.cloudfront.net/media/images/themes/default/img/socialnetworks/social-linkedin..... This content should also be served over HTTPS.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!  I've been doing some testing in my own account regarding that share tag and sharing to Linked In.  I'm going to pass this along to our developers as this isn't working as we would intend.  We're seeing the same thing here.  

Thanks for sharing that, and I'll post back here as we find more info.  
Photo of RP Solutions

RP Solutions

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sounds good, thanks!