HTML code for sign up forms?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I need the HTML code for the sign up for to use with a WordPress plugin. Other ESPs I've worked with, provide the code.

I saw this post:
https://community.myemma.com/emma/topics/where_can_i_get_the_raw_form_code_for_emma_sign_up_forms

And tried what they suggested, but it did not work. 

What else can be done?

Natalie
Photo of Natalie Ware Gowen

Natalie Ware Gowen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Natalie,

Unfortunately, Tyler's reply in that thread is our only suggestion to grab to html from a signup form. Our only publishing options through Emma are direct-link, pop-up, iframe, and javascript. You can find details on those publishing options here.

We're currently revamping the signup forms in Emma- it's very exciting, and coming very soon! You can find a sneak peek of our new signup forms here.

We're also in the process of updating our Wordpress plugin, which may be helpful for you in the very near future! You can head to this thread, and click to follow it so you're in the loop on our progress with this as we near a release date.
Photo of Crystal

Crystal

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
What options do I have to embed a new sign up form into a wordpress blog post for a specific campaign , but also continue to use the Emma plugin for a permanent placement of sign up form on my site? I also need to create a pop up for my custom Wordpress based website and keep running into hurdles bc it doesn't seem like the plugin allows for multiple sign up forms? Help!
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi Crystal,

You'll only be able to use a single signup form with the Wordpress plugin, so you may want to explore some of the other publishing options listed here for other signup forms.

I do want to mention that we are releasing a new version of our signup forms very soon, which will work on Wordpress sites! We're still working on wrapping up production for this new feature, but head here to get a sneak peek of some of the exciting updates to our signup forms!
Photo of Christi Daniels

Christi Daniels

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Benton - You mentioned above "Our only publishing options through Emma are direct-link, pop-up, iframe, and javascript. You can find details on those publishing options here." The fact that the html is NOT available makes Emma incompatible with modern marketers. What would we need to do to get html code available for those of us who use previously customized opt-in forms that are branded? I'm ready to convert my list over to Emma, but this is the one thing that I need in order to jump in with both feet. - Thanks in advance for your help! 
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi Christi,

While we still don't offer the raw html of our signup forms, you'll be pleased to know that there have been some excellent developments since this thread was last active!

There is actually a brand new version of the Wordpress plugin that makes it much easier to implement a stylish signup form connected to your Emma account on your Wordpress site. You can learn more about this on our Resource Center, and our website.

We've also released our Lightbox forms! Those are super stylish pop-up signup forms. You'll set up the Lightbox form in your Emma account, and use the code snippet that's generated to embed it directly on your site. More on that in our Resource Center.

I hope this info helps, and don't hesitate to let me know if there's still some functionality or feature that you'd like more info on- I'll be happy to help!
Photo of Lori Schulthess Hardegree

Lori Schulthess Hardegree

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't understand why you don't publish the raw HTML for forms? This is a really standard request as all sorts of web based services require this in order to link to your email list. Webinar based platforms for example. If I want to host a webinar and have registrations automatically added to my list, I need the HTML to accomplish this. I would really like to use MyEmma and recommend it to clients but this is a MAJOR hurdle. I've evaluated MailChimp, iContact, Aweber, Constant Contact and Get Response and there are things I really like better about MyEmma but I've got to be able to have the raw HTML. All of these other options allow me to grab that code quickly and easily and pass it on to anything I need to integrate with. It's quick and easy. If there is a reason for not providing it, can you explain the logic behind that decision? 
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Sorry about the delay in responding here, Lori. Thanks so much for your commentary on the thread. I'm definitely going to pass along your suggestions- I know that our product team is constantly looking for insight into the ways our customers would like to use Emma as they're planning our roadmap for new features and capabilities.

If you can provide any more detail on your scenario of using a webinar based platform, that would be super helpful. What webinar application do you typically use? We'd love to explore that a bit deeper.
Photo of Guilhem Bertholet

Guilhem Bertholet

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Seems nothing changed much in this topic. 
Question remain the same, why not giving the option to embed a raw html form...
Photo of Benton Cummings

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi Guilhem,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you here. Correct - we haven't changed anything in regards to the ability to access the raw html for our forms, but I'm definitely going to let our product team know that you're looking for this ability. I'd like to get some feedback from you as well as to how you'd use the html and what benefit that would offer you in your specific scenario. I'd like to make sure we're giving as much detail to our product team as possible.

Thanks so much!
Photo of SignatureB Communications

SignatureB Communications

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Benton...I am looking for in style HTML for my sign up screen.  Any chance you can help?  What I need is the "form action =" section

<div id="embed_signup"><form action="/soldoutlaunch.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=d883b8a6d1f52035f52e65127&id=3f1afc8735" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" validate="true"><div class="field-group"><div class="titleopt"><span style=" color:#fff; font-size: 30px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 38px;">Grab your spot now!  </span></div> <input class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL" type="email" name="EMAIL" placeholder="Email Address" value="" required /> <input class="button" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" type="submit" name="subscribe" value="Save my spot" /></div> </form></div>
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there, Signature B.  So sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to you!  

We still do not offer the raw HTML for our signup forms.  The Classic forms are editable via Java, and the Lightbox forms editable in-app.  You can find info on those at the links below:

CLASSIC FORMS

LIGHTBOX FORMS

You're also welcome to create any form you'd like and pass the information on to Emma via our open API.  You can find info on that here:
http://api.myemma.com/

Or we also have a technical services team that can build out a custom form for you any way you like.  You can reach out to them here:
http://myemma.com/services

Cheers!

- G
Photo of Nine Dot Connects

Nine Dot Connects

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Grey, I have been with Emma for the past 7 years and happy with the service.  Now I need this HTML code for my opt-in for Wordpress.  Can Emma consider providing this?  Otherwise I will need to look for an alternative solution which I'd hate to do since I have invested so much with Emma both in time and money. Thanks.

Christopher
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
I'll certainly pass along your request, but as of right now we don't have plans to add in this feature.  As stated above, we do have the open API that can be used to have any form you'd like built out and our services team that can also build out custom forms, but as far as our in-app forms, we aren't offering that code.