I accidentally deleted the contacts out of a group!

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

I accidentally deleted all of our contacts in a group! Is there a way to re-import the deleted contacts if I didn't have them backed up?? 
Photo of Gabrielle

Gabrielle

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Gabrielle -- No problem! Those contacts can be recovered from the Deleted Items section of your account. You can navigate there from the main menu in your account:

You should see an Audience tab with several options...I see lots of contacts that were deleted on March 30 under the Contacts option:

Let me know if you have any trouble restoring those!
Photo of Gabrielle

Gabrielle

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Emily, thanks for your help!

I'm running into a new issue now when unarchiving the deleted contacts. I keep receiving this error:

There was an error undeleting the selected members. Msg: timeout

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Gabrielle -- I'm not sure about that error, but it does look like the total number of contacts in your deleted items has decreased since yesterday. I would search a few of those addresses in the audience to make sure they weren't successfully undeleted. 

Undeleted contacts go into LIMBO (not in any group), so you may want to run a segment to find those LIMBO contacts and then copy them over to a group. You'll find instructions for that here!