I am trying to save my "clicks" tab from my most recent mailing as a segment.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug fixed

I am trying to save my "clicks" tab from my most recent mailing as a segment. I click "Save this tab as a segment" button but then it brings me to a page that shows 0 contacts. I go to Audience and view my Segments, all showing 0 contacts. How do I get the segment to save correctly?
Photo of CH Bus Sales, Inc.

CH Bus Sales, Inc.

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Paul Zimmerman-Clayton

Paul Zimmerman-Clayton, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Hello, and thanks for posting! I just jumped into your account, and it looks like you're running into a bug in our system that prevents those tabs from correctly saving as segments. I'll make a note and notify you here when we get that fixed. 

In the meantime, I can think of a few workarounds for finding out who clicked in your mailings. The easiest way will be to create a new segment from the opens tab in the response page, and add a condition that looks for the recipients who clicked in a given date range (usually, the date of the mailing through the day before the next mailing). In this case, I would recommend the following settings: 

This should give you a very similar segment, but could potentially include people who clicked on a different mailing. To get the exact segment, you could export your response information for people who clicked, and import that list into your audience. 

These are just workarounds, and ideally, the save as tab would work. As I mentioned above, it's a bug in our system and we're working to fix this so it works properly. I will let you know here when that's fixed! 

Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Photo of CH Bus Sales, Inc.

CH Bus Sales, Inc.

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your reply Paul and for the workaround suggestions. Please keep me posted on when the bug is fixed - would obviously like to just make the segment with the click of a button directly from the mailing, to avoid any clicks from other mailings. Thanks again - M

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Will do! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!
Photo of Evan Morgan

Evan Morgan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same problem. Additionally, if I try to remove a contact from a segment, I only get the option "delete from audience and groups" and I inadvertently deleted three valuable contacts!

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Hey Evan, sorry for the delay! You can't delete contacts from a segment the same way you can from a group. Segments are dynamic and pull in all contacts according to a set of criteria. The way to remove someone from a segment is to prevent them from matching those criteria.

For example, if you had a segment that included everyone whose first name is Paul, the way to delete me from that segment would be to either change my name in the contact record to something other than Paul, or to change the segment to find people who are named something other than Paul. 

If you're looking for manual control over a segment, you can turn that segment into a group by copying all contacts into a new group. This will let you manually delete contact members from the group, but since it's no longer a segment, it won't be dynamic and won't update with new contacts. 

Also, those deleted contacts should be recoverable! Click on the tools in the top right corner of your account, and head to deleted items. Here, you'll find your deleted contacts, and you can put them back in your audience. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Photo of Dave Ruch

Dave Ruch

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same issue here with the "save this tab as a segment" function.  When will this be fixed?
Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA to report for the resolution to this bug at this time. 

Have you had any luck with Paul's workaround suggestions above? Those were to 1) export the response information for clicks, then import that back into your audience to isolate them into their own group, or 2) create a new segment from the opens tab in the response page, and add a condition that looks for the recipients who clicked in a given date range (usually, the date of the mailing through the day before the next mailing).

Again- totally understand that these options are not as easy as the one-click solution of saving that tab as a segment, but hopefully those should still help you isolate those members while we're working to resolve the bug.

Thanks for checking in, and we'll definitely update you as soon as we've been able to resolve the issue!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
The bug affecting some of you here, where you couldn't save clicks from response as a segment, is now fixed. Thanks for your patience!