I am unable to add a new contact. It looks like it won't let me unless I fill in all the contact information, which I do not want to do.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
New Contact Issue
Photo of Red Wheel/Weiser, LLC

Red Wheel/Weiser, LLC

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there,

Are you adding an individual...or an import? Both should work. The individual addition should look like this (add the email and it should instantly allow you to save):

Let me know what you are seeing...
(Edited)
Photo of Fallon

Fallon

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't know if this resolved the issue for you - but I just added an email field hoping that would solve our problem - but it didn't we cannot save a new contact when I add in every field the SAVE button still doesn't highlight.
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Are you adding in the address where Laura specified above? That should be where you add in the email address.  
Photo of Chris Carson

Chris Carson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When I try to add a new contact, why is there no field to input their email addre....
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Chris, I merged your topic here because I believe you're seeing the same thing.  Check out Laura's screenshot above.  I think that should get you sorted! 
Photo of Red Wheel/Weiser, LLC

Red Wheel/Weiser, LLC

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Laura for the screenshot.  I was able to save the contact now.  It was not intuitive to see that that was a field that could be filled in.  I was adding the email in 'email address-2' and thought it was just a typo.  Thank you for the help!
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
So glad we got you up and running.  We will be looking to improve that process and make it more intuitive!  
Photo of Chris Carson

Chris Carson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
All good now.  Thanks very much!