I am unable to cancel a scheduled mailing

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug resolved

I am getting an error message when trying to cancel scheduled mailing. See attachment 
Photo of Healthy Spot

Healthy Spot

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Thanks for reaching out on this, and I'm sorry for the confusion.

We're seeing these errors when attempting to cancel scheduled mailings. In most cases, despite the error, those scheduled mailings are being successfully canceled in our system but are still displaying on either the Sent or Scheduled tab in the application.

I can confirm that your "20% Grooming Conversion" mailing was successfully canceled in our system. The "November Store Hours" mailing is still pending. Would you like me to cancel that mailing for you?
Photo of Healthy Spot

Healthy Spot

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you! "November Store Hours" is good to go. Please do not cancel. 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Roger that!
Photo of Healthy Spot

Healthy Spot

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello. I am now trying to cancel "Holiday Photo Sessions - Topanga Canyon" but am receiving the same error message. Can you confirm this has been cancelled? Also, when will the "scheduled" dashboard be updated? 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi -- That mailing started sending at 2:27pm central time. I've canceled it in our system, but it likely already delivered to most of the 572 recipients.

Was that a scheduled mailing as well? If so, what time was it scheduled to send and when did you begin trying to cancel that mailing? Thanks!
Photo of Healthy Spot

Healthy Spot

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is a scheduled on for November 15th. 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
I've confirmed that your attempt to cancel that mailing was successful! Our systems team is still working on a fix for this, and I'll let you know when we have one in place. The only mailing still scheduled in your account is the "November Store Hours" mailing. 
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I am getting the same error message. It was probably cancelled, but it's not in my unsent list. I need to change the subject line. The campaign is called "5-question survey on Preparing for PARCC 11/12/15" and it is scheduled to go out on 11/13/15 (not the one scheduled for 11/12/15).

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey there -- Thanks for checking in! I can confirm that a mailing titled "5-question survey on Preparing for PARCC 11/12/15" was successfully canceled, and one with the same name is still scheduled. I can't tell which is which, but if you only attempted to cancel the one scheduled for 11/13/15 then we're all set here. :) The bug is throwing that error and also, in most cases, keeping the mailing on the Scheduled tab rather than moving it back to the Unsent tab as expected. We'll get those all sorted when we have a fix in place. 
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
The correct one is cancelled. I guess it's not going to appear in unsent for a while, so I'll do it over. Thanks.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Oh dear, don't do that! :) You can make a copy of the mailing from the Scheduled tab, and that copy will live on the Unsent tab for you to edit at will. Thanks for hanging in there with us!
Photo of LA-CAMFT

LA-CAMFT

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm getting this as well, but it was only after seeing "Mailing not found" when I tried to preview the scheduled mailing. I tried to cancel it to reschedule it, seeing if that would fix it and then I got the error above that everyone else is getting. Regardless, I'd like to keep them all scheduled.

Is there a bug right now? Do you have an ETA on fix?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Yes, you're running into this bug that is throwing an error when attempting to cancel a mailing and also sometimes throws an error when previewing your scheduled mailing. I don't have an ETA on this fix, but it is our team's highest priority right now.

I can confirm that the 3 mailings on your Scheduled tab are indeed still scheduled. Those are "Event - 2015 Holiday Potluck", "Event - 2015 Holiday Potluck #2" and "Event - 2015 Holiday Potluck #3".  Does that all sound correct to you?

I'll be sure to post an update here when this bug is fixed!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Thanks for your patience as we worked to resolve this bug with canceling scheduled mailings! Our developers released some work this afternoon that resolved this issue. You won’t see that error when canceling any mailings that are scheduled after this release. Any mailing that was canceled with an error but still remains on the Scheduled tab will move off of the Scheduled tab after the original scheduled time for that mailing passes.

You'll still see the error when canceling a mailing that was scheduled before this work when out. If you run into that again, just give us a call or comment here and we'll confirm it for you. Thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of Valley Forge Educational Services

Valley Forge Educational Services

• 11 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am having that issue and working with Greg.  I have been trying to cancel an email for a week, it is scheduled to go out on Monday morning and I am very stressed as I do not know what is happening, email name: VFES Workshop - Strategies to Manage Stress and Reduce Anxiety - COPY 2015-11-02 03:12 PM
Photo of Valley Forge Educational Services

Valley Forge Educational Services

• 11 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Problem Solved by the very friendly customer service, Paul. Thank you!
Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi Valley Forge,

Definitely sorry we missed your post here, but I'm super happy to hear that Paul was able to assist with this- Don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything else!
Photo of School of Rock Temecula

School of Rock Temecula

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey guys!

im having this same problem with multiple accounts. Can someone email me directly?

kkidd@Schoolofrock.com

I have 2 accounts i am having this issue with, and need it resolved asap, please. :)

-l

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Keep an eye out for an email from me!