Resend of a test mailing can have 0 recipients if address doesn't autocomplete.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug resolved

I have sent myself 5 test emails since 7pm last night and have yet to have them come through.
Photo of SME

SME

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Lanette Capellas, PHR-CA

Lanette Capellas, PHR-CA

• 19 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi,

I know this will sound too basic, but I did the same thing on one of my first mailings test runs. Mine were going into my SPAM folder even though I had already received and opened other mailings already. Have you checked your SPAM folder yet?

Lanette
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I believe my teammate Paul spoke to you by phone on Friday and explained that you're running into a very specific bug relating to resending test emails. The bug only comes into play if the address you're sending to doesn't autocomplete, so you'll want to be sure the address you're sending the test to is in your audience. That way you can start to type the address int eh TO field and let it autocomplete. 

I'll be sure to reach out here when this bug is resolved!
Photo of FootSteps Marketing

FootSteps Marketing

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We are also noticing this issue in a couple of our accounts.  Known issues have occurred in our Main account, as well as our sub-account "Twin's Ace".  When I check the Response tab, it does show each test email as being sent, but it indicates "0" recipients.  In our account, the TEST was going to an individual email address, while the TEST from our sub-account was going to the Test Group.  In both instances, the addresses were already in our audience.  Please advise.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey folks -- I have a bit more information for you on this bug. The steps to duplicate it are very specific, so I thought I'd share those here with you. These should help to work around the issue while we work to resolve it.

Here are the steps to duplicate: 
  • create a new mailing 
  • rename it 
  • click send test 
  • enter a recipient address 
  • click tab twice to advance to subject 
  • enter a subject 
  • click send test 
  • click campaigns link 
  • click the recently sent mailing 
  • click send test 
  • click send test on slide out panel 
  • see second mailing does not arrive in inbox 
  • click response 
  • see second mailing is listed as complete, with 0 recipients 
The issue seems to be specific to emails that are not autocompleting in the TO box. 

For example: follow the above steps and put your name in the TO box, it should autocomplete. If it doesn't use an email you've used before to make it autocomplete. When you do that, you will receive both tests. 

However, when you follow those same steps with a unique email in the TO box, one that does not autocomplete, you will see the second email test fails to send.

Please let me know if you're unable to work around this bug with the additional information provided here!
Photo of TH

TH

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, 
I think I fall into this category but don't think I've done anything wrong. None of my tests are sending. We've used the same templates probably hundreds of times.  I created a mailing, included the subject, recipients, etc., hit send test, it says it's sent, and nothing. I've checked the spam folders and nothing. Please help. 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey there -- We just spoke by phone, but I wanted to close the loop here as well. Looking at your recent tests in Response, you can tell that this bug is in play if you see a "0" for recipients. We walked through sending a test and ensuring that the address in the TO field autocompletes to workaround this bug. Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi friends -- I'm happy to report that our developers resolved this bug. You will no longer see tests "sending" to 0 recipients. Please give me a shout here if you see something that doesn't seem right. :)