I tried to send a Test Plaintext email 5 times. Emma sent me 5 HTML test emails, even when I selected "Send Plaintext" under Email Format.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug solved

We have some subscribers who can only view Plaintext emails from us. I've tried to send a Plaintext test email five times in a row, and each time, even when I've selected "Send as Plaintext email only" from the Email Format drop-down menu, Emma still sends me HTML test emails. 
Photo of Friends General Conference

Friends General Conference

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated.

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- It looks like you've run into a bug. The plaintext/html picker isn't working consistently on our new test panel. If you really need to test the plaintext version, you'll need to send the mailing using review and send until this bug is resolved. I'll reach out here when I hear that it is fixed!
Photo of Cheapskates Web Marketing

Cheapskates Web Marketing

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How long is that going to be? The plain text test hasn't worked for months and it is very frustrating. Using Review and Send adds yet another very time consuming step to what should be a simple and straightforward one click test send and isn't really a good option.
Photo of Cheapskates Web Marketing

Cheapskates Web Marketing

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is there an update on this bug yet? It is very frustrating trying to check formatting in a text email when it can't be test sent. And using review and send doesn't solve the problem, it just makes more work!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I don't have an update on the resolution for this bug, but I did just learn something that should be helpful in the meantime! You can actually send the plaintext version as a test after you send it via review and send. It should work going forward at that point. 

For example, if I review and send the mailing as plain text and then copy that mailing from the Sent tab, the next time I send a test it will be defaulted to plain text and the plain text will work.

I definitely understand that this is inconvenient and thank you for your patience!
Photo of bryan

bryan

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any update on this yet? I explicitly request ONLY a plaintext test, yet I receive an HTML one.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Bryan -- No update as of now. This bug is still in play, and we'll be sure to update you here when it's resolved. Did you try the workaround I mentioned above?
Photo of bryan

bryan

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did...and now I'm not getting any tests.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi friends -- I'm happy to report that our developers fixed this pesky bug! Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked to resolve this issue.