What are the ideal dimensions for a single image?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm sure there is info on this somewhere but I'm clearly not clever enough to find it! 

What is the ideal size for a single image - e.g. if a client wants to send out a email announcing their new product?

Thanks so much! 
Photo of Roxanne Davis

Roxanne Davis

• 35 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey Roxanne!  We recommend keeping your images down to about 480 pixels in width at a maximum, to ensure deliverability is strong and the email doesn't get caught in firewalls. Emma won't allow any images to be larger than 800 pixels in either direction, width or height, so that is something to keep in mind as well.

Sending one big image is not the best idea, as servers are more likely to filter emails with large images, and recipients may move on to other things before your image fully loads. Some email programs, such as Gmail and Outlook, block images by default, meaning that a percentage of your recipients might not see the original email you designed. You could keep the image to just below the size threshold and still send it on. In this case, the largest image you could incorporate is 480 x 480 pixels.

Hopefully this helps, but please let me know if I can assist further.
(Edited)
Photo of Roxanne Davis

Roxanne Davis

• 35 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Super - thanks Tyler!