Is it possible to identify open rates of only certain audience members that a mailing was sent to? For example, how do we identify open rates and activity stats for a particular mailing for audience members with a particular e-mail domain?
Hi there! Thanks for writing. This can be done by segmenting your audience. Here's what you can do:
1. Head to your response page for the mailing you're referring to and click on the 'opens' tab.
2. Save that tab as a segment (button on the right side of the page). The segment will be created and then you'll want to copy all those contacts to a new group, which you'll need to name something like "opens for mailing.. "
3. Now, head to your Audience page and go over to the Segments tab. Click the button on the right of the page to 'create a new segment'
4. Create the segment based on Audience groups, then choose to search for people who are 'in' the group you just created, and click add. After clicking 'add', click 'done'.
5. Then, you're going to add more criteria to the segment by finding people based on 'contact information'. Click 'add'.
6. Search for people by field, and choose 'email', click 'add' and then 'done'.
7. In the field provided, type in the domain like this, @gmail for example. Change the 'equals' to say 'contains' and click done. Then you'll name the segment and once you complete it, the segment will find all the opens for the mailing with that particular domain name.
I hope this help you. And remember, you can send to a segment just like you can send to a group! Please let me know if you have questions.
Creating segments can give you all kinds of useful information about your audience. If you don't have time for all that, we actually provide a service for list segmentation where we'll create a set of 10 custom segments for you, as well as help you understand how to better use your data in your marketing efforts! Let me know if you're interested, and I'm happy to help with that as well.