Does deleting images remove them from mailings where they appeared?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
If I delete images out of my image library will that effect images in an old mailing if someone tries to open one?

Also, Is there a way to organize images?
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Good morning! Deleted images will still be available in sent mailings because there’s a separate copy associated with the specific mailing behind the scenes.

As for organizing images, you can click the Images button from your main Campaigns page to sort by image name or upload date.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
awesome Katie thank you! I was just thinking there are a lot of images in my image library that can be deleted, I figured it would clear up space on your server, etc.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Aw, thanks for thinking of us! You can definitely clear out some old images, if only for your own ease; me, I like to get rid of any images I know I won’t be using anymore. It helps me feel more organized. :)

You can delete images from the image library on your Campaigns page by clicking the dropdown menu to the right of an image and choosing to delete it. This is done one by one.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Katie,

I was wondering if you could delete all of my images in one swipe in my image library. I'd like to start fresh for 2014 since emma has a copy for the old campaigns. There are so many images and only being able to delete them one at a time would be very time consuming.

Thanks!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey Brandi! I’m going to move this question into a new conversation for us to take care of these. I bet others have this question, too, so it’ll be easier for them to find. :) I’m doing some research and will have an answer for you soon! Please reference the new topic here: Delete all images in my image library
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Photo of Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation

Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there,

I'm having kind of a reverse problem of this. Our images are all still in our library, but for some reason, they aren't loading into old mailings. For instance, this is the link to one of the emails: https://t.e2ma.net/webview/wkn4l/2f0285a3a478efa732e5cb919d08423f. All of these images are still in our library, but they're not loading into the emails. Is there a way to get them to load again without having to edit the old emails?

Thanks!

Madisen
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Madisen, how old are those mailings?   

After 18 months, the original webviews of those mailings are deleted from our system.  When that happens, you may see that the webview either flags an error or broken images like you're seeing there.  

The images for particular mailings / webviews of mailings are stored separately from the images in your account.  The way I like to think of it is that when you send a mailing, all of the images are packaged up and sent out on their own.  So regardless of what happens to the originals, that package still exists until after 18 months has passed and our system cleans them off.  

-Grey