Images in my library are disappearing

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
I have noticed this happening several other times but thought that I was somehow deleting them without realizing it. I added a sales rep's picture to an email and not 5 minutes later I wanted to add that same rep's picture to a second email and could not find it in my Library. Our sales rep's pictures are the only ones I really use repeatedly and have had to upload them multiple times. I will, on occasion, delete old pictures but feel that I am pretty careful and doubt that I have accidentally erased the rep's pictures this many times.
Photo of Chinook Medical Gear

Chinook Medical Gear

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Hillary Bridges

Hillary Bridges, Employee

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello! 
The first thing that comes to mind is the issue of the "save to library" checkbox. When you upload an image, the page takes a moment to fully load, and sometimes, during that time, the checkbox is not checked. If you click to insert the image during that time, it won't save the image to the library. 

The fix is to just wait a moment before clicking to insert and making sure the "save to library" box is checked!

Let me know if you have any questions here. Thanks!
Photo of Chinook Medical Gear

Chinook Medical Gear

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
The images that are disappearing have been uploaded for weeks and have been inserted in the past...then they are just gone and I have to upload them again.
Photo of Multnomah County Library

Multnomah County Library

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We are having the same problem -- images that have been saved and used for months are no longer in the library, things like the banner. Support was of little help.
Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Official Response
I checked in with one of our coders and he said that in trying to find the issue they’ve never really been able to replicate a systemic issue. That means we can't classify it as a bug. 
I have a couple of questions for both of you to try and track what might be happening:
 - When you go into Images (Campaigns and the Images button to the right) do they show up there?
 - Do you recall the size of the images?
 - Were the images that disappeared uploaded around the same date range?
Any other info that you can provide, that you have noticed about the images that are gone, would be appreciated.

Keep in mind image limits are below 1mb and should follow these guidelines:

Header graphics should be between 600-700 pixels wide, with a proportional height (a general guideline is 100-200 pixels) 

For images within your mailing's content, we recommend 480 x 480 pixels or smaller
File type: Save your image as a .jpeg or .gif format before using it in your code. Color profile: Your images need to be in RGB color values, as opposed to CMYK color values. CMYK color values are for print and won't render in an online environment.

DPI: Set your images to maximum quality with a resolution of 72dpi

With your help we should be able to pin down the cause.
All of my images have suddenly disappeared from my library. These are lots of images that I have used many times in the past and now they are no longer there. Ideas?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there.  

I popped into your account and saw they were missing.  While we aren't able to see how they got deleted, we have gone ahead and restored all of the images to your account.  

We recently made some changes to the image library that could allow you to select and delete images en masse, so it's possible that through some errant clicking the images got deleted accidentally.   

Let me know if you need anything else!