Images in our newsletter not showing up. Shows up fine in editor.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: resolved

Brian at PBS Hawaii. I have a newsletter that doesn't load it's images. Looks fine in the editor, only have a warning for copy reduction. Images do not show up in Outlook/PC, Outlook/Mac, Yahoo and GMail accts. Can I have some guidance please?
Photo of PBS Hawaii

PBS Hawaii

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of PBS Hawaii

PBS Hawaii

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here is one example.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to see that you aren't seeing that image render properly. We have had a couple other customers report a similar situation. I'm working with our developers now and we have a handle on what is causing the problem and how to resolve it. I expect we should have this cleared up fairly soon.

Once the problem on our end is corrected, you will need to resend the mailing and the images should render properly then.

I will follow back up here once we've resolved this defect.

Best,
Kyle
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,

Just following up here to let you know that we have removed the bit of code which caused those images to not render properly in your account. My recommendation would be to log back out and then back in to your Emma account. Once you log back in, you will want to send another test of this mailing to confirm that the images now load correctly. Based on the test we have performed on our end, you should be good to go at that time.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you or if the problem persist.

Best,
Kyle
Photo of PBS Hawaii

PBS Hawaii

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My colleagues report that it stalls, or will crash the PC/Outlook. Not a problem on the Mac (some of us have both.)

Thank you, much appreciated,
Brian
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,

Thanks for passing along that additional feedback. Just to clarify, when you say 'it stalls' do you mean that when your colleagues attempt to open the email in their Outlook inbox on a PC? OR when your colleagues attempt to login to the Emma application?

I wouldn't be too surprised if their attempt to open the email in Outlook caused their mail system to crash since it may be struggling to source the image code from our cloud servers. Like you we use Macs with a gmail inbox so we haven't seen that on our end.

Can you attempt the following:
1. Log out and back in to your Emma account
2. Open the mailing that you are working on
3. Click on each image that you added to that mailing as if you were going to select a different image
4. Now re-select the image that you want to use
5. Save and resend a test of this mailing.

We have followed those steps for a couple of other mailings we were testing and saw that the mailings rendered appropriately. I also hope this resolves the problem your colleagues saw with Outlook on their PC.

Cheers,
Kyle
Photo of PBS Hawaii

PBS Hawaii

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Kyle. The newer batch went out fine.

For the newsletters w/o images, my colleagues who attempted to open them in Outlook on PC experienced a stalled program, and they had to force quit. Not sure if it is the newsletter's encrypted links or images that may have contributed to that.
 Aloha,
Brian
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Great! I'm glad to hear that the new copy rendered correctly. Please do post here in Emma Community if you notice anything else that isn't functioning as you would expect.

Cheers!