Import Error - No Explanation or Feedback

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved!

I have been uploading a small CSV file - no additional tabs or other items, simply first/last/email/company/phone columns.  Not a lot of records.  All I am getting is the dreaded Red Triangle, yet no explanation on what the errors are.  Simply put, all I know is there was an import error of some kind.
Photo of Janie Smith

Janie Smith

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Janie Smith

Janie Smith

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Never mind!  We simply did some minor data scrubbing of the fields and eliminated some errant characters in person and company names - such as the / and the | and a foreign character (that is, non-standard-English) and it appears to have done the trick.  Sorry for the hassle, hope others use the wisdom we gained.
Photo of Janie Smith

Janie Smith

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I take that back, that import failed as well.  We tried a third time, no luck.  Then tried different formats - from type of CSV export to XLSX, and nothing.  I am at a loss?  Anyone?
Photo of Janie Smith

Janie Smith

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay - most strange - NOW it took.  We cleaned up the CSV, saved it as an XLSX, then copy/pasted the data into a NEW xlsx, renamed it, and bam. It worked THAT time.  Not sure what that was all about!
Photo of Seemab Hussaini

Seemab Hussaini, Champion

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Janie! Glad it worked out for you. We've run into some folks having issues with uploading .csv files too. I'm happy your work-around because thats exactly what we have been recommending too (https://community.myemma.com/emma/topics/uploading-a-csv-issue).

I'll also note your case that you ran into this bug and let you know when we've we put in a fix. Until then, let us know if there's anything that may come up!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Janie! I'm stepping in for Seemab to let you know that this bug has been fixed. Let me know if I can help with anything else. :)