Can't import xls, xlsx or csv files into Emma

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

We cannot import any spreadsheet in either xls, xlsx or csv formats into Emma.We have tried on Chrome and Firefox and still receive the error.
I have taken the original spreadsheet, copy and pasted with Values to strip out any formatting and still no luck. 

Please can we have an ETA as to when the issue will be resolved. 
Photo of Claire Smithard

Claire Smithard

• 18 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Dreyer - Clikitmedia

Dreyer - Clikitmedia

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Importing is not working 10 December 2014.

All our sub accounts are unable to import lists it just says error...
Photo of Aaron A. Coleman

Aaron A. Coleman, Alum

• 37 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hey there, Claire and Dreyer!

Thanks for reaching out to us today.  I can see that the imports are working for you now.  I'll have to do some digging on our end to see what stopped those imports from working earlier.  I'll circle back here a little later in the day once I have more information about what was causing imports to fail.

Cheers!

Aaron A. Coleman, Alum

• 37 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello all,

Our systems team has let me know that we were seeing a rare failure condition that was causing your imports to fail.  We have already made some changes in our system to help prevent this error from happening again.

Thanks.

Dreyer - Clikitmedia

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Aaron,

Same thing happening again today :( Getting failed imports all round..
(Edited)
Photo of Claire Smithard

Claire Smithard

• 18 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
HI Aaron and Dreyer

I have the same issue! How can this be happening again? 

Aaron A. Coleman, Alum

• 37 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello again Claire and Dreyer.

I was under the impression that we had resolved this issue.  I will reach out to other team members to see why your imports aren't working for you.  In the meantime, can you both upload your lists to your documents libraries?  I can take a look to see if there is anything in your file that might be causing the import errors.  I'll report back here once I have more information to share.

Dreyer - Clikitmedia

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Aaron,

Same as yesterday we could start importing later on at around 2pm GMT + 2

Aaron A. Coleman

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello everyone,

We have another fix being implemented that we expect to fix the import issues.

Claire, I was in a meeting earlier.  I'm sorry that I was not able to respond sooner.  I saw that you spoke with Katie, our support team manager, about some of your concerns.  I'm happy to hear that you were able to speak with her.

Dreyer, thanks for reaching out to us.  I have also responded to you directly by email.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else.