How do I import an unsubscriber or opt-out list from a previous service?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I am just getting started with Emma and want to import my unsubscriber list from previous service to ensure that I do not send to these people. What is the best way to do this?
Photo of Consumer's Medical Resource

Consumer's Medical Resource

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittany Fowler

Brittany Fowler, Champion

• 169 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there,

Great question! When you import your list, you can assign it to a group where you can identify that they are opt outs - you could call the list "opt out" or "do not mail," whatever you like!

Once you have your list in your audience, you can click on the group and change the status from active to opt out. You can do this by selecting all members and clicking on 'change status.'

Once you've clicked, you'll have the option of selecting 'error' or 'opt out.'

Click 'change' and your opt outs are back to opt out status.
Photo of Consumer's Medical Resource

Consumer's Medical Resource

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you so much! This was very helpful.
Photo of Jared DeLong

Jared DeLong

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Importing an Opt-Out List.

Hi! I'm currently importing an opt-out list from my previous ESP. We have a pretty large opt-out list that I wanted to be sure was added to my one group, so that in case we happen to add their name again in the future through another import, it isn't accidentally added back to our Emma new group. Is there a way to import an Opt-out list instead of adding each opt-out email individually?
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Once I do this can I delete the group since I no longer need it?
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
still wondering about this....I'm OCD and I like to keep things clean.  If I don't need to keep the audience group labled "Opted-out" I'd like to delete it.
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Brandi, I’m so sorry! Your comment here slipped through the cracks. You can definitely delete the group once you’re done with it, and those contacts will still remain in Opt-Out status.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
It's all good Katie!! :) I figured as much, but didn't want to delete it just in case. Thanks a bunch! Have a great day!!
Photo of Clearwater Compliance LLC

Clearwater Compliance LLC

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does Emma recognize opt out members from an imported list even if they have not opt out via Emma.

If an individual has opted out of my CRM and I export my leads and contacts into an audience in Emma, will Emma recognize them as an opt out or do they have to opt out of the Emma campaign before Emma recognizes them as an opt out?

Photo of Innovid

Innovid

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is it possible to batch remove audience members from all groups using a csv file of opt-out emails?.

removing audience members and contacts from all lists using excel doc
Photo of Bay Alarm Company

Bay Alarm Company

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Helpful, thanks!