In Response stats, contact groups & individuals # doesn't add up to the "Sent to" recipient count

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I look at my campaign response, it might show me it was sent to 2 groups and 1 individual. That total could be 147 but then it also says on the top right that it was sent to 157 recipients. Why the difference? Does the "Sent to" number include people to whom the campaign was forwarded from the initial groups and individuals?
Photo of Allie

Allie

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Damian Gatta

Damian Gatta, Official Rep

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Allie, 

Where you see it showing which groups and individuals the campaign was sent to with the total number of contacts in the group, that number will update as those group totals change on your Audience page.  So if any contacts were removed from the group after you sent the campaign, the current total will show in that part of your Response page.  The number in the upper right is the actual number of contacts that the campaign was sent to.  This total does not include any contacts the campaign was forwarded to.

I hope that this is helpful!  Feel free to reach out with any questions or if there is anything else I can do to help!
Photo of Allie

Allie

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That makes sense to me but doesn't seem to apply to what I'm looking at. For example, one of my campaigns was sent to 3 groups and 1 individual, totaling 592 contacts. But my response says that it was sent to 597 recipients. None of those 3 groups have changed at all. Not every campaign shows a discrepancy and they're never off by very much, but some do and I'd just like to understand why. Thanks.
Photo of Damian Gatta

Damian Gatta, Official Rep

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Allie, 

It is possible that there may have been some contacts that hard bounced, moving their contact status to Error which would reflect a difference in the size of your audience group.  Also, if any contacts select to opt out from any of your previous campaigns, that can also reduce the size of the group.  I am happy to take a deeper look!  Can you give me the campaign name that you are referencing and I am happy to hop into your account and take a peek!