Integration with Bloom

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Has anyone tried using html (from this post: https://community.myemma.com/emma/topics/where_can_i_get_the_raw_form_code_for_emma_sign_up_forms) to integrate with the Bloom plugin?

The new Emma WP plugin is not working out for me. It's very glitchy and difficult to style. I'm looking for an easy, affordable, flexible solution that will work with different types of websites.

I baffled that Emma doesn't integrate with the most popular email capture plugins such as Bloom and Ninja Forms.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm trying to pick up some new clients and this is a REAL roadblock.
Photo of Carey Hardin

Carey Hardin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Super Frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Barbara O'Toole

Barbara O'Toole, Champion

• 65 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
I hear you on this, Carey!  It has made it hard for me too, not having an adequate interface for all the great optin/capture forms out there.  ( I find a new one at least once a week, it seems!) The custom landing page/opt-in forms typically integrate with GetResponse, AWeber, MailChimp, iCampaign, iContact and a few others.

I wish I could tell you I'd made some headway on solving this, but, not having a basic form code to work with from Emma's side as made it challenging, to say the least. 

I'm keeping an eye on this thread....and will let you know if I have a breakthrough on this issue soon.

~ Barbara
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Barbara, I'd love to pass along the type of integration you're seeking, as well. Do you have a specific provider in mind, too, like Bloom? I'm guessing you've been following development of our lightbox forms, which will be released to your account in the coming weeks. Do you think that will work for you, or is there another form option you have in mind?
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi Carey and Barbara,

I'm sorry to hear the lack of a Bloom integration is causing you a headache! We're tracking interest in this conversation, if you're up for adding your vote. I'll keep the thread you've started here live so other folks can hopefully weigh in on a solution for you in the meantime. I really appreciate you sharing.
Photo of Carey Hardin

Carey Hardin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Katie, I like Bloom, but I'll take anything that works!
Photo of Matt T.

Matt T., Official Rep

• 75 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Carey,

I'm the Product Owner for integrations here at Emma, so I wanted to jump in to offer some help. We just had a Gravity Forms integration launch that should do much of what you're trying to accomplish. Documentation is still sparse, but it is in the program now (we're getting all of the collateral in place, but wanted it to be available as soon as possible). 

Bloom and Ninja Forms are indeed on my list, we're still working on those. In these cases, the company usually has to build the integration (or at least be a big part of it), so we have a little less control over timing. We'll definitely keep you posted as things develop for either of these options. 

Finally, I'm disappointed to hear that our Wordpress plugin isn't working well for you. If you have specific feedback on what's not going well, please do let me know. I'd love to take it back to our team so we can consider improvements in our next update. 
Photo of Carey Hardin

Carey Hardin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, Matt.

Thank you for explaining the dynamics that are in play here. I definitely have a much better understanding of how this all works. It's reassuring to know you're working on these integrations — I'll sit tight and try to find a suitable workaround for now.

As far as your WP plugin — On submit, it's not sending the automated welcome email I have set up in Work Flow. I spoke to Emma in customer service yesterday and she was very helpful. She indicated it is a bug and that it's being addressed. 

The styling is wonky too, but maybe it's interference from my theme's CSS? I'll have to take a closer look at it. Do you have images of what the form should look like on a live site? 

Thanks again, Matt. (And Katie!)
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey there! I want to let you know that the Ninja Forms plugin Matt mentioned is now available, and Bloom is still on our list. :)
Photo of Barbara O'Toole

Barbara O'Toole, Champion

• 65 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Thanks, Katie! :-)
Photo of Carey Hardin

Carey Hardin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Just updated the plugin and sent a test. I still got the generic confirmation, but I got my automated message TOO! Huge step in the right direction. Thanks for pushing this update. I feel very relieved!