Internal Server Error on Send

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not a Problem
I'm having all kinds of errors pop up right now - could it be related? I've never had errors before. I literally can't send messages - "internal server error" box pops up - and I was getting repeated messages that something was wrong and I had to reload. (Except if I didn't, that was ok.) Help?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: 2/21/2017 Emma Maintenance 9pm-2am: No outage expected..
Photo of UPenn - Annenberg School for Communication

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi there!   

The maintenance for tonight wouldn't have anything to do with that particular problem.  That's most likely an issue with a link or some personalization in the mailing.  

Can you let me know the name of the mailing you're working in so I can take a look? 

- Grey 
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi again, 

I popped into your account and saw there were 2 mailings being worked on this morning.  I made copies and sent tests to myself, I didn't have any issues with them.  

Perhaps you had already fixed the issues?  Or were you saying that it wasn't happening regularly?  

Your browser may play a hand in that as well.  We suggest using Chrome or Firefox (specifically NOT Internet Explorer). Also, it might be worth clearing your cache and deleting your cookies on your browser. If you're unsure how to clear your cache, you can search for instructions for your particular browser. Then you close out of your browser, restart your computer, and reopen your Emma account.

Any more information you can pass along about this happening will help me pinpoint what's causing that.  

Cheers!

- G
Yes, both of those mailings this morning are problematic. I used both Chrome and Firefox, and get the same error. I tried again just now and it's not working. I need to get this mailing out asap. Can you give me a call?

Julie
Actually it just went through, but I got another "oops, something happened. Please reload the page" error, which I have never seen before. 
Grey - after sending this email, I have a 0% open rate, which is not at all normal. Is there a phone number where I can get tech support?
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there, I'm away from my desk at the moment, you can always reach out to our phone support at 1-800-595-4401.  :)  

I'll be happy to take a look when I get back if it hasn't gotten resolved yet. 
Photo of Accidental Locavore

Accidental Locavore

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've been having the same issues. It's been the biggest mess I've EVER had with Emma! I think I finally got a cobbled together newsletter out. And I tried it on both Chrome and Firefox, so I doubt it's a browser issue. 
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Can you point me to a specific mailing that you're having the issue with so I can take a look? 
I'm also experiencing the same problem! I cannot send a newsletter because I keep receiving an error message and cannot navigate to the 'Review & Send' page to add in newsletter recipients. Help, please? I'm currently on hold with the Emma Help line, but have been on hold for a quite a while...
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey folks, just passing this along. 

We have started receiving reports of errors when attempting to access and navigate within the application. Our Systems team is all hands on deck, and we'll update here as soon as we know more. Thanks so much!

You can also follow us on the STATUS PAGE and we'll keep that updated as we get more information.  
Photo of YMCA of Greater Long Beach

YMCA of Greater Long Beach

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am getting the "oops..." message alsowhen I try to upload a list. First list uploaded fine, but I have tried several times to upload a second one and get the "oops..." every time. I also got a different home screen when I logged off and logged back on. 
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
I may have spoken a bit too soon.  It looks like we're starting to see some more errors.  Keep watch on our STATUS PAGE for more info.  
Photo of IIT Chicago Kent College of Law

IIT Chicago Kent College of Law

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Greg,

I am still experiencing this internal error when trying to open an unsent campaign. It keeps giving me this: 

Error 500
Oops, that wasn't supposed to happen.
We're sorry, something unexpected happened and your request could not be completed. Use your browser's back button and try again, or contact your technical support team.

I had this problem this morning, logged out and just logged back in now and it has not resolved. I am currently using Chrome.

Thanks,
Kelly Powers-Hamp
Photo of Nelma

Nelma

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
all seemed to be working well just a few minutes ago when I was adding information to a newly created list.  Now the "oops" message has me stopped in my tracks.  Ideas?
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey folks, so sorry for the confusion earlier.  We have gotten the all-clear from our Systems team now and you shouldn't be seeing any issues.  Please let me know if you see any more of those "oops" errors! 

- Grey 
Photo of ISG

ISG

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am currently having same issue noted above. When I try to schedule have a pop up noting Internal Server Error. I am in Moz not IE, need help asap!!!
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there ISG, 

I popped in to your account and into the mailing "General Press Release" .   I was able to send a test to myself of the mailing.  Are you still having issues with scheduling this one?  Or am I looking at the wrong mailing?  

- G
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there, I wanted to pop back by and see if you were still having issues here.  If so, if you could point me to the mailing in question and I'll pop in and take a look!
Photo of Shimon Presents, Inc.

Shimon Presents, Inc.

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello I am having this issue with the "internal server error" for the Firefly confirmed worker email I have been trying to send out for the past 2 days.  I am on Chrome.

Please help - this mailing is timely.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!  I popped into your account and it looks like you were able to get it sent out.  Most of the time it's a link or some bit of code that causes that. 

If you come up on any other issues with that, let me know!

-G