ip address

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I sent an email to everyone in test group and all the emails went to our spam (all were at same company). I tried it twice and it went to spam both times. I've been using this service for 8 years and never had this happen. Below is the message on the "postini" spam site.

Invalid Sender IP     
Junk Message Analysis: This message was blocked because the sender may have illegitimately forged the sending domain's address. The sender's IP address did not match any registered IP addresses for sending domain.
Photo of mhb

mhb

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Thanks for providing so much detail! This is pretty common when sending to several addresses that share the same domain. This issue could have popped up suddenly if the company changed their network or servers in any way or added additional security measures.

There are two simple things you can do to help that company's server trust your sending address:

First, you can update your SPF record to let that receiving server know that Emma is allowed to send on your behalf. Since you'll be sending to this test group often, you could also have the test group company whitelist Emma's IP addresses to keep your emails out of their spam folder. 

Let me know if you're still running into problems after making these changes.