Is it possible to track or send variable data to a survey the same way we can with emails with emma?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

So we are looking to track survey responses for our customer satisfaction survey. One of the things that is included in the variable data of the email is the project number in question. So what I would like to be able to do is to forward that project number forward onto the survey so that when I review the results I see the persons name, email and project number. The way it is now there seems to be no connection or way to refer to the email that the survey link was sent from. If I could open that email I could see the project number, however this is not ideal either. Does anyone have some suggestions on a way to do this? Maybe I need a new piece of software or a different module to add some functionality like this?
Photo of Erdman Anthony

Erdman Anthony

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there! It sounds like you'd like to see other contact fields when you're looking at a survey's response. Am I on the right track here? To do that, you'll need to export the survey results and then import them back into an Emma group, which will attach all contact fields with the email addresses of folks who completed the survey.
Photo of Erdman Anthony

Erdman Anthony

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Can you give me a more detailed explanation on how to do this please? Thanks!
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Sure! You'll want to open your survey response from the Response tab and click the export responsebutton:

You can download that export from the exports page, accessible from the main menu in your account:

You can then import that spreadsheet back to the account using the add and update method, which will update the records of those contacts who took the survey with the additional information from the survey response. 

Give that a try and let me know if it will work for you or if it doesn't quite hit the mark!
Photo of Erdman Anthony

Erdman Anthony

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when you do the add and update wouldn't I have to create a new contact field for every question from the survey I want to put into the contact? Otherwise when I go to import and update I have the option to map first name, last name, email and company but the other options are forced to ignore.