Is there a way to get an opt-out list by date without having to go through each group to check?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
We need to track all opt-out requests in a separate participant database.  Right now I see the composite opt-out list renders in alpha order, which makes it tough for us to know where we left off updating from week to week.  Is there a way to get an opt-out list sorted by date?  I can't find a good way to keep our database updated besides exporting the current opt-out list, and trying to match it to a previous list to see what new emails have been added since our last update.
Photo of User Research International

User Research International

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! There currently isn't an option to export your total audience opt-outs sorted by date. We do offer quite a few integrations with other programs. What program do you use for this separate participant database? For example, with a Salesforce integration those two programs would communicate with each other so if there were changes in your Emma audience these would be reflected in the audience info in Salesforce.

Thinking a bit more here, you could keep track of those opt-outs by each individual mailing. So when you're on the response page for a mailing you can click on the opt-out tab and this will display individuals who opted out from that particular mailing. You would be able to save this as a segment and then export if needed. 

Please just let me know on that outside database.

Thanks!
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hello! I wanted to be sure you saw my post above and wanted to pass along a link to the CRM's we currently integrate with.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello again! This issue has come to a head again. Our current database is just a basic excel spreadsheet, so we have no way of connecting the two to reflect each other. In the meantime, I've been manually updating it by setting a rule for duplicates on a separate excel spreadsheet to update our main database excel spreadsheet. Recently, we've sent out some emails that have quite large lists, and it has become a problem where it is too tedious and doesn't make sense to manually update and verify the email address is in our database. Do you have any suggestions for us to do now that we've got a list of over 35,000 error emails and we cannot manually check each one? 

Thanks!

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there a way that we could get a list and sort it by date for the error emails and opt outs?
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey there -- While the export file for opt outs and error contacts doesn't include the date they opted out or that they went to error status, you could sort your file by the "last modified at" column. The last modified date and time should reflect when the contact opted out, unless that record has been updated since then using the add and update import method.

Please let me know if that works for you!
(Edited)