Is there a way to style the sign-up forms?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I have a client who is wanting to create a contact form that she can link to in the bottom of her personal e-mail account. However, she's upset with the pretty basic appearace of the form, and was wondering if there was a way to style it a little more. Is there any way to style that form?
Photo of Alexander Steadman

Alexander Steadman

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey Alexander -- You have a few options when publishing our classic sign up form to your website:

The javascript option allows you to host the signup form on your website and add custom CSS if needed. You could also encourage your client to set up a lightbox form on the website. Then, she could simply link to the main website knowing that the form would pop up as indicated in the form settings. Those forms are simple, too, but I think they look a little fancier. :)

More on those new forms here!
Photo of Charlene Chavez

Charlene Chavez

• 16 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Awesome good info! Question, can both be utilized? I have set up the classic form from a dropdown menu on my website but would also like to have the lightbox pop up on each page (except my contact page) of my website while someone new visits. Thank You.
Photo of Charlene Chavez

Charlene Chavez

• 16 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
btw, I followed directions to add the lightbox feature to my WP footer page and it's not showing up.
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey Charlene, 

1. Yes, you can use multiple iterations of Lightbox and Classic forms in any way that you choose.  Some folks want to customize the the lightbox form based on what page in your website they're in.  

2. I'm going to shoot you an email with some questions regarding your lightbox form so we can troubleshoot and get that working for you.  Be on the lookout for that! 

Cheers!

- G
Photo of Charlene Chavez

Charlene Chavez

• 16 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks Grey, I went in and instead selected ALL and added all links I want the light box to show up on. It may not be showing up for myself because I am getting the newsletter. I emailed my sister to test it for me. Waiting to hear back but thanks I hope it works.
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
How'd it go?   If you had already used the lightbox, there is likely a cookie in your browser that is blocking it from popping up again.  

You might try an Incognito or Private window (that ignores pre-existing cookies) and see if that works for you, but it was working fine on my end here so I think you're good!

- G