Is there an archived web page for our customers to view past newsletters from a campaign?

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Not Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

One of our divisions used to use a service that created an archive page of their newsletters. With a push of a button their campaign is added to a list on a page. This page was linked from our website.
They would like to do the same now in Emma.
We currently save pdf's of their campaign and post it on our website but they are not happy. 
Photo of City of Rapid City - Fire Dept.

City of Rapid City - Fire Dept.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! There isn't a public webpage where links to your past mailings are stored; your current process of saving mailings as a PDF and posting them online is what I'd recommend.

For the service your client previously used, in what format were the mailings shared on the website -- PDFs? Webviews?

Did it include only regular mailings, not test mailings, split tests and automated mailings?

Also, it sounds like they were able to select from within their email creation app whether the mailing would appear online; is that right?
Photo of City of Rapid City - Fire Dept.

City of Rapid City - Fire Dept.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What they had before - they would select a particular campaign and click "Archive" and it posted a link to a webview of the selected campaign on the Archive Page.

The PDF is good as long as you can print to the size of the campaign. Otherwise it breaks it up into two pages. PDFs are a good option because we "own" the past newsletter on our own server.

Thank you for your help.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks for these details! I'll let you know what I hear back from our Product Team. :)
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hello again! Mailings are archived after 18 months. This archive process runs daily, is automatic and happens universally. It isn't likely we'll tackle your idea in the next 12 months, as it isn't something we hear many requests for, so I'm marking this as Not Planned; would substantially change our infrastructure team's processes. I'll update you if that changes!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Oh, and as a note of clarification: When I say "archive" here, I really mean "removed." So, mailings are removed after 18 months, and that removal process runs daily. I wanted to make sure you understood that we're wiping those mailings off our servers so that they're inaccessible. We've historically called that "archiving," and I realize that could be confusing here, considering how you're referencing an archive.

I hope this helps!
(Edited)
Photo of Studio 2D

Studio 2D

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I'd like to add my voice here. I would REALLY like a permalink on the web for each of my mailings. As my list grows, I'd like to be able to refer new subscribers to older issues. I'd also like a record of what I've written.

In the meantime, I can see here that I need to save my newsletters NOW before they are wiped from the server.
Photo of Eckerd College

Eckerd College

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
I agree, a dedicated page of archived newsletters would be very useful. 
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Thanks! I've added your vote for this feature request.
Ditto what Studio 2D said.

In the meanwhile, it's nice to know that my campaigns live online for 18 months. I've started grabbing the link from "If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online." My agency likes to have the last 6 months of our monthly e-Newsletters available through our website and I simply use this link at the top of our messages to grab the URL.

Emma; Get hip to the fact that many of your users want their past mailings available online. At least make those links more readily available. Right now they can only be found on top of my past mailings, but once those past mailings are deleted from my email it's tough to track down those links.

:-)
Photo of AGB Search

AGB Search

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'd also like to note that my group would like to be able to archive all their newsletters in a web-friendly format (not a clunky PDF). A permanent link or -- even better -- a feed of specific type of campaign would be tremendously useful.
Another vote for the ability to more smoothly build an online archive of past newsletters. This would be very useful!
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks!  Gotcha added!  

One thing that has been updated that you might find helpful is the new Compare Mailings feature.  

Downloading a report from Compare Mailings in the Response section now gives you the webview link for each of the mailings being "compared".  

I've been recommending folks download this report for all of their mailings for a quick way to access all of those links.  

The links are still only active for 18 months after the send, so it's important to keep that in mind when building an archive, but it's a little faster than opening each mailing's response to get to the webview link.  

Cheers!

- Grey
Photo of Notes for Notes®

Notes for Notes®

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ditto! Another vote for this feature to be added, please!
Thanks!
Photo of Sarah Adams

Sarah Adams

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
We would like to be able to publish our newsletter on our website as well! We don't want it in a PDF format, we want something crawl-able, searchable, easier for our users to read (especially on mobile!) without having to download and/or open something extra. Your competitors offer this. :) 
Photo of Lawrence Berkeley National Lab

Lawrence Berkeley National Lab

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
has this feature been added yet (ie, permanent link to past mailings, so one can create an online archive)? If not, what is the ETA?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi there, this feature has not been added.  Historical versions of mailings are deleted after 18 months.  The only way to save those would be to save a pdf version of the mailing and create the online archive from those pdfs.  

As far as I know, there is not a plan to save mailings permanently.

Let me know if you have any questions!   
Photo of sue.snead

sue.snead

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
MailChimp, Constant Contact and Vertical Response all have this feature. I don't understand why MyEmma thinks it's' irrelevant. 
Photo of Alyssa

Alyssa

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Agreed. It is very relevant and necessary. Neither the pdf option, nor the "compare" page download option are in any way feasible on a regular basis.
Photo of ACIS

ACIS

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes! I agree, please have a feature for us to access past mailings, especially for our customers to view if they missed any contents.
Photo of Phillip M

Phillip M, Official Rep

• 247 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll be happy to pass it along to our Product Team to make sure they are aware that this is a continuing concern for our customers. - Cheers!