Is there an easy way to group contacts by birthdays/anniversaries?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Photo of Wolf Restaurant Group

Wolf Restaurant Group

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there -- You can search your audience based on any contact field. In this case, you could create a segment in your audience based on contact information and set criteria based on either the birthday or anniversary field, like this: 

Let me know if you have any specific questions about how to maximize this feature for your list!

Wolf Restaurant Group

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you. The only issue I am now having with this is after I go to add the segment I created to a mailing, it says that there are no contacts in the segment. I was able to see the list when I created the segment however.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
The segment totals can be a little delayed in updating since the segment is culling through your entire audience list. I hopped into your account just now and can see that the totals on the segments page are all populated. You should see that now in the list of segments when accessed from the review and send page as well!

I suggest giving the segment a little time to fully update before sending!

Wolf Restaurant Group

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Now to go off of this, the reason I am creating these segments is so I can send out monthly birthday/anniversary coupons to guests. I created the coupon on Illustrator. How can I send out these coupons via email so they cannot be printed multiple times, or can be marked in a way that we know its the same coupon if they do print it multiple times?

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
I think you'll find some helpful ideas related to creating unique coupon codes and adding those to your mailings in this conversation! You'll need to create something on your end for tracking the usage of those coupons, but this should get you started!

Wolf Restaurant Group

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great, thanks for your help!