Is it possible to customize the subject line of the confirmation email?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated

After a user signs up, the confirmation email they receive has a subject line that I would like to change how can I change that? I'm also using the Wordpress signup plugin, after the user signs up, the from address also is saying Wordpress - info@studentsmatter.org. I just want to get rid of the Wordpress portion, is that possible?
Photo of Students Matter

Students Matter

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey there - great question! You can edit the subject line of your confirmation email in the sign-up section, which you can access on the Audience main page. Click on the name of the form you want to edit, then click on the "Confirm It" tab. Here you can edit the subject line and message of the confirmation email that the subscribers using that sign-up form will receive.

The from address for that confirmation email should be the same as the from address on your mailings. You can edit that in the Settings & Billing section of your account. You will find that in the gears icon at the top right corner of your account. 

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Thanks!
Photo of Students Matter

Students Matter

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm using this Wordpress plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/emma-emarketing-plugin/) and when a user signs up the subject line is different than the one you directed me to within the account page. Also, the from address is different as well and includes Wordpress before the from address.  Do you know if the plugin has the option to change them? If not I can use the sign up form that you directed me to within my account, however when I tried using it, I was not able to add the First Name/Last Name fields to the form. After I add those fields and hit save they do not get added. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
It looks like we don’t provide support for that specific plugin because it was built by a third-party. Aside from that, I do not see a place in the customization of the confirmation email where you can edit the subject line and from address. I definitely suggest that you use one of our sign-up forms so we can better speak to the results. You could even build your own form outside of Emma and connect it to your Emma account using our API.  You can find more information about that process at api.myemma.com.

I took a look at the default sign-up form in your account, and I can see where you added the first and last name fields to the form. There is an option next to each field to either hide or require those on the form. The “hide” box was checked for both the first and last name fields. While you don’t have to "require" those fields be filled out (only email is required by default), you do want to uncheck that hide box for those fields to be visible on the form. I saved those setting for you to take a look. 

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Thanks!

Photo of Students Matter

Students Matter

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great thank you, I have implemented the form that was generated within our Emma account and it works great. Thanks for the help! 
Photo of SM&S Materials

SM&S Materials

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This was really helpful. Thank you!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
So glad I could help!