Add more than 4 images in a horiztontal row

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)

I want to move the fifth picture up alongside the other four but it won't let me.
Photo of Chartwell Capital Solutions

Chartwell Capital Solutions

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there! It is not possible to have more than four images in a row, no matter the images' sizes. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Photo of Chartwell Capital Solutions

Chartwell Capital Solutions

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This should definitely be something upgraded, constant contact makes it much more easy to work with images!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I'm sorry to hear that! Is there something else you're trying to do other than have more than four images in a row? I'd like to pass that feedback along to our team.
Photo of City Market, Onion River Co-op

City Market, Onion River Co-op

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Having more than 4 images in a horizontal line block.

I'm trying to have a line of small icons at the bottom of my email.  I currently have 4 lined up, but when I try to add a fifth, it gets pushed to a second row, even though there is plenty of room for it on the first row (I've uploaded a photo).  Thoughts on how to make that fifth image show up in line with the other 4?  I've tried changing margins and padding, but that doesn't seem to make a difference, nor does switching off "smart sizing."

Photo of Charterhouse Holdings Plc

Charterhouse Holdings Plc

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is there still no possibility to have more than 4 images in a row? I'm trying to build a navigation with trackable links (we previously used image mapping) but because our website has 6 categories in the menu, the drag & drop builder pushes two of them on to the next line; which is infuriating...

Feedback would be appreciated.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Charterhouse -- There is still a 4 image limit for the multi-image block. If you're going to be using that navigation bar in most of your mailings, I'd suggest having our design team customize a template with the desired links! Starting at $399, a custom template would be a one-time purchase that you can use as needed without having to recreate your navigation bar each time.

Let me know if you're interested, and I'll connect you with a member of our services team!
(Edited)
Photo of Jeffrey Nichols

Jeffrey Nichols

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just wanted to put in another request to allow for more images.  I had 3 social network links, plus the company logo, and when I went to add LinkedIn (making 5 total), I found it's not possible to add one more link and I have to scrap the whole thing and start over.

At the very least, disallow the 5th image in a row so the restriction is more obvious. Letting the 5th image, but then treating it like a new row is counter intuitive, and I spent a good hour thinking I did something wrong. 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Really appreciate you sharing this use case with us, Jeffrey! I'll pass this directly to our product team.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi friends -- Our product team is exploring ways to increase the functionality and flexibility of the mulit-image block. I've marked this Idea as Under consideration to reflect that work. I'll update you here as I learn more!
Photo of Erin RM Coco

Erin RM Coco

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emily! Any update on this funtionality?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!  We don't have any more info on this at the moment.  Emily has actually left Emma, but I'm keeping my eye on these feature requests and will update with any new information.  
Photo of WLU Graduate Students' Association

WLU Graduate Students' Association

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just wondering if there have been any updates on this. All I want to do is add more social icons to the footer of my email and fill the white space as there is still lots of room for more images. (We have custom icons that are brand specific so the drop in social icons are not applicable).
(Edited)
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there, 

I haven't gotten any solid updates on this yet, but I'll check in with my product folks.  

In the meanwhile, it sounds like your particular use case might be best solved by having a custom template built, or even just having our design team add that in to your template.  

If you were interested in getting a quote on getting that built, feel free to reach out at www.myemma.com/design-revisions  .  

Otherwise, I've added you to the list of requests for this feature and I'll keep you updated on this thread as to our status! 

- G
Photo of Parkinson's Resource Organization

Parkinson's Resource Organization

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It is absolutely crazy that this one feature is taking your development team more than 3 years to implement. That's absolutely horid customer support. Stating that the only solution is to have your team to build a 'custom template' (for several hundred dollars) each time they need a new blast with more than four buttons in a row is unreasonable when you could simply fix the problem. Every major email marketing platform has this incredibly basic feature and it should not be something you're trying to make more money off of.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi there, thanks for the feedback!   I get that it can be frustrating not seeing the feature that you're looking for implemented quickly, because it's just the one thing and how hard could that be? 

We take in a lot of requests for new features every day, and we prioritize that work based on the resources we have available and how impactful that request is to all of our customers.  Again, I know that if you've gone through taking the time to post a request, that means that it IS something that is impactful to you, and we don't take that lightly.  I just wanted to make sure that you know that we're listening and that we DO care about making your workflow easier.  

It is likely that this feature would be added as a part of a larger improvement to our Campaign builder overall.  Until then, I wanted to point out that there are a few ways to get that job done now:

1. The custom template that you mentioned, once built, would be available in your account for use in as many email campaigns as you'd like, and doesn't have to be purchased for EACH time.  I wanted to make sure that was clear.

2. Depending on your use-case, you could also set up a columned email that would allow for 4 images on either side of the column.  It would take some tweaking of the padding / sizing of the images to get them to line up evenly, but that is an option for you. 

3. You could also use an HTML block to code a row of buttons to your liking, and you could use the Save As Template function to be able to revisit that as needed for future mailings.  

It's all dependent on the specific use-case that you're looking for, of course, and how flexible you need that box to be.  

If you wanted to give me an example of what you are trying to accomplish, I'd be happy to take a look and see how we can best get it done using the tools we have available now!  

- Grey
Photo of CJMW Architecture

CJMW Architecture

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Adding my voice to those who would like to have it be possible to have more than 4 images in a row. In my case it isn't for social media buttons, but for thumbnail photos. I've got 5 people - two lines looks ridiculous. If I were designing this in any other system I'd be able to put them on one line.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks so much for the input!  I'll add in a request to our developers on your behalf and check in to see if it's on our roadmap at all!  

I'll post back here as I get more information!

- G