Is there a URL for an opt-out form where someone can type in their email address and be unsubscribed?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We'd like to have an intern or volunteer help us manage unsubscribe requests, but we don't want to give them full access to the Emma account. I know that there's a customized opt-out url unique to each subscriber at the bottom of each email, but is there a generic opt-out url that we can give to our volunteers where they can enter an email address to be unsusbcribed?
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
This is an interesting thought! There is not a URL for a form like this. You’re right that the opt-out URL is unique, which makes sure that the person selecting to opt out that member has the authority to; i.e., they received the original email sent to that member. It’s the same reason we require that someone who’s opted out email us from the email account that’s opted out.

The only want to manage these unsubscribe requests would be by changing the members’ statuses on your Audience page.

I’m curious — Do you get a lot of unsubscribe requests outside of the emails you send? In other words, are folks not clicking the unsubscribe link in their email and instead emailing/calling you to opt out? That does happen, yet I’m wondering if there may be a way to make the unsubscribe link more prominent in your mailings so it’s obvious to them how to remove themselves. Just a thought. :)
Photo of Meaghan

Meaghan, Champion

• 83 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
We definitely get some people don't bother with the unsubscribe link at the bottom, but we also get requests to be unsubscribed over the phone occasionally, as well; we were just looking for an easy way to let volunteers/interns handle the unsubscribes, but we'll route them through the proper channels inside Emma. Thanks!