Is there a way to have two columns and one column span underneath in the same campaign?

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Implemented

I would like to format a campaign with information in two columns but then underneath that information have one column of information. Is there an option that doesn't affect the entire layout of the campaign? Thank you!
Photo of Stage Directors and Choreographers Society

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
At the moment, there is not a built-in solution to facilitate the layout you're looking for. You can choose one column, right column, left column, equal columns or three columns. But no matter which column arrangement you select, those columns extend the length of your campaign. We cover our current layout offerings here:
http://myemma.com/resources/how-to/ar...

Though you won't find a multi-column option in the editor yet, our product team is currently exploring multi-column layouts, and we hope to offer that option soon. While they are building that solution, you might like to know that there is a trick you can try to "fake" a two column over one column layout.

Check out this screenshot to see how it looks:

Now for the how-to: To create a campaign like this, first select a one column layout. In the example above, the layout begins with a text box. Below that, we dragged in a multi-image content block. Once that block was in the layout, we clicked options, then settings, made the image count two, and enabled captions. As you can see, we used the caption boxes to add our text, and uploaded simple graphics to the image placeholders above the captions. It looks like a two column layout, with a single column above and below. But actually, it's a one column layout all the way through. Pretty neat, huh?

I hope this helps you think through some possible solutions to get by until we release a multi-column option. If you have any questions or would like to show me an example of the layout you're looking for, just let me know and I'll try to come up with a workaround.
Photo of Matt Olsen

Matt Olsen, Champion

• 117 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Great workaround -- thanks for the explanation!
Photo of The University of Georgia Press

The University of Georgia Press

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dig this workaround but will be really stoked to see a true multi-column drag-and-drop editor added to the existing drag-and-drop options.
Photo of Chloe Flink

Chloe Flink

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how do I extend a text box over multiple columns?.

How do I extend a text box over multiple columns while still maintaing the columns below? I want to line up the picture of the louse (gross, sorry!) With the image that has the red bar at the top.
Photo of Matt Olsen

Matt Olsen, Champion

• 117 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
If you use the explanation above by Cassie, you can accomplish what I think you're asking, but the columns will be equal width.

Otherwise, you can use the table tool to create almost any sort of layout to present that gorgeous louse any way you want:
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Where is the table tool located?
Photo of Matt Olsen

Matt Olsen, Champion

• 117 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
LOL!! wow, so simple! Thanks Matt!!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Can you insert images into a table?
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey there! I'm going to move your comment to a new topic, since it's a bit different from this current conversation's focus. :) Please reference the new topic here: Can you insert images into a table?
Photo of Butler's Grooming Club

Butler's Grooming Club

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Two different column layouts, one campaign.

Hello!
I need help. I want the top half of my campaign to be one column, and the bottom half to be two-column, but I can't figure out how to do it. Please help!!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Official Response
Good morning! I’m excited to say that this capability is possible now. :) Check out this page in the Resource Center, and jump into your account to try it out in real time.