It seems our campaign got sent twice today...

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no reply from user

Though it only shows up as being sent once in the "campaigns" section of our account, it seems that many of my audience members received the same message twice today. Was there a glitch today? How can we prevent this from happening again? Thanks.
Photo of Marketing Mentor

Marketing Mentor

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Good morning, Marketing Mentor. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Our system logs do indicate that Emma sent your mailing twice yesterday. My systems folks will be digging further into this when they get into the office this morning, and I'll be sure to report back as soon as I have more information. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I wanted to reach out and share a bit of important information about your account. We were able to confirm that your mailing sent on 10/1 at 12:04pm did in fact send twice from your account. We have identified and corrected the bug in our application that allowed this to happen, so it isn't something you should expect to see anytime in the future.

Feel free to continue reading for a more detailed understanding of how this happened. When a user clicks send within their account, that instruction is passed back through our servers and on to our mailing injectors. A change was introduced 3 days ago that would automatically retry any requests to our backend systems that appeared to have failed unexpectedly. This change was meant to provide a more reliable and resilient service but had the unintended consequence of affecting certain types of requests that take longer to respond than expected when certain conditions are met. Your mailing was one of those affected, resulting in a duplicate send. This caused a very small number of accounts (including yours) to end up with those send instructions being passed through two times, resulting in a duplicate send.

We here at Emma are very sorry that this happened and our developers are digging deeper into how we can prevent anything like this from happening in the future.

Please do let me know if you have any additional questions or if there is anything else I can do for you.