Keeping image left justified on mobile.

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered

I used a left combo box in the editor to create an area with the image on the left and the copy on the right. This works fine on the desktop.

On mobile devices, the image appears centered above the copy. Is it possible for me to set the image to left justify above the copy as opposed to being centered above it?

Thanks,

Stephen

Photo of Varsity Marketing

Varsity Marketing

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rachel Rogers

Rachel Rogers, Communications Strategist

• 89 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Official Response
Great question, Stephen!

The mobile optimization code in the template you are using is coded to center align those images automatically. If you wanted to have any changes made to that code (to change the way the images stack), you could request to have that done by our design team, and there would be a small fee associated with that change. You can start that conversation by visiting http://www.myemma.com/design-form. If you are using a template that you found in Emma's template gallery, you would request Tailored Template. If you're needing the change made to a template that was custom made for you, you would select Revisions. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with!
Photo of College of Saint Elizabeth

College of Saint Elizabeth

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I'm interested in keeping some images left aligned in mobile as well. Is there a way I can dig into the template's HTML to do it myself? We don't have the budget for custom templates.

If not - this should really be a feature. It could be a simple checkbox in the image settings panel.
Photo of City of Vancouver, Washington

City of Vancouver, Washington

• 37 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm having a similar problem, but I'm using the single image element, not the combo element. I tell it to be left aligned in the settings, but it shows up as centered on mobile devices. Is there anyway to override that?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1697 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!   There's not a way to do that in the drag-and-drop editor.  

It can be edited in the code of the template or mailing.  

If you don't have access to or don't have the coding knowledge for how to do it (I know I sure don't!)  you can reach out to our design team to make the quick edit for you.  

If you'd like, I'd be happy to get you in touch with someone from our design team for a quote.  Let me know! 

Cheers!  

-G
Photo of Potrero Group

Potrero Group

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How do I navigate to the template code? I have saved my current draft as a new template so I can play around with it, but can't seem to navigate to its code.
Photo of Phillip M

Phillip M, Official Rep

• 247 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hello, 

If you have that template open in the drag and drop editor, just click within any content area. Once you do, your editing tools will appear from above. Just click this symbol, < / > , and you'll be able to view and manipulate the HTML itself.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you need anything else on this one. - Thanks!